Hello from Niagara Falls

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by AverageCanadian, Jun 22, 2010.

1. AverageCanadian

AverageCanadian Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2010
    Hey everybody. My wife and I got interested in mft after we decided to move to something a little more professional. We have a Pany FZ-10 and a smaller zoom camera but we thought it was time to upgrade.

The panasonic G10 looked perfect for us and were excited about it because it was supposed to be out in June and we were going on our honeymoon in July. As June started to pass I started getting concerned it wouldn't be released before we left for our vacation so I picked up the Olympus E-PL1 and the Pany 45-200 zoom lens. We were going to Costa Rica and wanted to do a lot of birding.

Sadly the G10 was released in Canada the week we were out of the country. The E-PL1 did a great job though, but I was left wishing it had a EVF when fully zoomed in.

We got back to Canada on Monday, and today, we went to Henry's to pick up the G10. Ended up putting the extra $200 down and got the G2. The auto change to EVF sold me :)

So far we are loving the system, but now we h ave some extra equipment.

Hopefully we can learn more from this site and meet up with some of the people in Toronto.

2. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    There are a few of us around.

Welcome! This place will grow on you.

Bokeh Diem

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi, welcome here ! Congratulations on your G2 !

4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome, and congratulations too :cloud-9-039: hope to see you both post more!

Cheers

Brian

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome - you are building a nice kit and congrats on the nuptials.

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Yes, welcome to you and your wife! I hope you'll post more of your G2 impressions and share some photographs with us as well, and become involved in the different discussions here.:smile: