1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

hello from New York!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Plummy, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Plummy

Plummy New to Mu-43

Apr 11, 2013
    New York :)
    hi everyone! im hoping people will be nice to me since this is the first time ive joined a photography/camera forum. here's my list of cams ive been through during the years. Sony a200, canon rebel xsi, pentax k20D, pansonicgh1, samsung gx20, pentax k5, Ricoh GXR, sony nex3, panasonic gf2, panasonic gx1, nikon v2, and finally the olympus OM-D! yes i know thats a lot of cameras to go through but i am happily satisfied with this one! :2thumbs: i also have the Leica panasonic lumix 25 mm f1.4 lens to go with it which makes nighttime shots so much more fun and the daytime one i have still yet to take a lot of shots with. i thought i was going to like the nikon v2 since it was raved so much in the advertisements, it did take fast action shots during the day but it ended up having way too much noise when zoomed in even just the smallest bit :happy-084:
    here's a little intro on me :] im a freelance seamstress for dog products and own 2 adorable longhair chihuahuas. my fiance is the one who taught me along the way on how to take particular shots and just got me into taking pictures overall. we have a photography site together via host and even on facebook (not sure if im allowed to share) but here's a picture i took of my dogs when i first got the cam which was a few days ago! cant...stop...using it! haha

KC
    [​IMG]
    random flower outside
    [​IMG]
    i love action shots :] KC & Dexter
    [​IMG]

i have taken a lot of nighttime shots with the fiance as well and even made a photo competition together haha :]

ok thats all for now, thanks for reading! :cool:

2. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    welcome to the forum. Nice dog photos. You will enjoy the forum here.

3. Plummy

Plummy New to Mu-43

Apr 11, 2013
    thank you david! i say...these emoticons are hilarious in this forum! :rofl:

4. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Welcome! You picked a great forum, especially for your first foray into photography forums. :biggrin: It's a friendly place, and I've learned a lot in the almost year I've been here. Very cute dogs! :smile:

--
    Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!

5. Plummy

Plummy New to Mu-43

Apr 11, 2013
    thanks! hehe i see ur into cats! my fiance has 3 of them! we love to take pics of them too

here's prometheus [shot with Fuji x-pro 1 by fiance]
    [​IMG]
    and my fav stark sammich [shot with panasonic gx1 by fiance]
    [​IMG]

6. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Welcome to the club Plummy. I understand your appreciation of the OM-D. :smile:

7. Plummy

Plummy New to Mu-43

Apr 11, 2013
    thanks slothead! :tongue: yes i love it!

8. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Hi Plummy!

Welcome to the forum!

Regards,

Jim

9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard! If you like, you can add a signature line to your posts with links to your website and Facebook page. :smile:

10. Plummy

Plummy New to Mu-43

Apr 11, 2013
    hi jim! thank you for the welcome!

thank you revbob! i will do so! :2thumbs:

11. jklfrdfed

jklfrdfed New to Mu-43

Apr 19, 2013
    Hi. I am a newie here. Nice pictures.