1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from New Jersey

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by 2planks, Jun 3, 2010.

1. 2planks

2planks New to Mu-43

Jun 2, 2010
    NJ
    Hello,

I migrated over here after several years of lurking around Rangefinderforum.com Portal - Rangefinderforum and reading about the :43: format over there. I don't have a kit yet, but hope that will change soon (maybe a nice G1 body will pop up for me on the classifieds soon???!!)

Seeing images from the 20mm f1.7 is what really sold it for me. I love fast prime lenses with a warm, pleasing out of focus area. I can't wait to get ahold of one. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Welcome aboard. We're neighbors in a few ways.
    I'm in Philly and hang out at RF also.
    There a few things available in the classifieds.
    Good luck on finding something.
    Shooter

3. LaMesaFellow

LaMesaFellow New to Mu-43

Jan 9, 2010
    La Mesa CA
    Re: Welcome from New Jersey

Hi, Welcome to the mu-43.com forum. I have the Panasonic GF1 with 5 Panasonic lenses for it. I am waiting for the GF2 to be announce. I will most probably get the GF2 and use it as the second body. I realy like the Micro FourThird system. I normal shoot in RAW and use Photoshop Elements to convert the RAW to JPEG. I do very little editing of pictures. The RAW to JPEG looks good to my eyes. I save all of my photos on an external HDD which I use only for storage of my photos. The E-P2 is another excellent camera. I am from Roebling New Jersey. Since leaving Roebling I only been back twice, once when my father passed way and the other time when my mother passed away. Since 1961 I have been working and now retired in California.

4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome here ! I feel glad you made it to the right place.

5. 2planks

2planks New to Mu-43

Jun 2, 2010
    NJ
    Shooter -- Thanks, I live right outside Philadelphia in Camden county... just a short ride on the Patco to get into town.

I don't really post much at RFF but love hanging out and learning from those that have so much more to offer than I do. I learned how to develop my own b&w film and prints through reading there....built my own little apartment- closet-darkroom, and have learned about all the different varieties of camera formats out there. I now have a rangefinder: Yashica GSN, a twin lens reflex: Rolleiflex, a classic SLR: Canon AE-1, and hopefully soon, a :43: will join the group.

I also have a Panasonic LX2 for a digital p&s. It is a neat camera and I love the 16:9 aspect ratio. However, it is not a great people shooter. (barrel distortion = big noses at the wide angle, and lens stops down and becomes too slow when zoomed out)

LaMesa -- So I guess you are saying I would be better off if I moved to California? hahaha :tongue:

Herman -- thank you.

6. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    welcome from nyc , i visit the beautiful garden state often

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome 2planks - that's a nice kit you have your eye on.

8. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    Another welcome from PA, and good luck with your entrance to :43: :2thumbs:

9. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hey, 2planks - welcome from another New Yorker. Very glad you migrated.:biggrin:

And a belated welcome to you, too LaMesaFellow. Thanks for your introduction, as well.:wink:

10. dbledsoe

dbledsoe Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2010
    Welcome from another long time RF Forum junkie.:wink:

Don