1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from New Jersey

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by 2planks, Jun 3, 2010.

1. 2planks

2planks New to Mu-43

Jun 2, 2010
    NJ
    Hello,

I migrated over here after several years of lurking around Rangefinderforum.com Portal - Rangefinderforum and reading about the :43: format over there. I don't have a kit yet, but hope that will change soon (maybe a nice G1 body will pop up for me on the classifieds soon???!!)

Seeing images from the 20mm f1.7 is what really sold it for me. I love fast prime lenses with a warm, pleasing out of focus area. I can't wait to get ahold of one. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Welcome aboard. We're neighbors in a few ways.
    I'm in Philly and hang out at RF also.
    There a few things available in the classifieds.
    Good luck on finding something.
    Shooter

3. LaMesaFellow

LaMesaFellow New to Mu-43

Jan 9, 2010
    La Mesa CA
    Re: Welcome from New Jersey

Hi, Welcome to the mu-43.com forum. I have the Panasonic GF1 with 5 Panasonic lenses for it. I am waiting for the GF2 to be announce. I will most probably get the GF2 and use it as the second body. I realy like the Micro FourThird system. I normal shoot in RAW and use Photoshop Elements to convert the RAW to JPEG. I do very little editing of pictures. The RAW to JPEG looks good to my eyes. I save all of my photos on an external HDD which I use only for storage of my photos. The E-P2 is another excellent camera. I am from Roebling New Jersey. Since leaving Roebling I only been back twice, once when my father passed way and the other time when my mother passed away. Since 1961 I have been working and now retired in California.

4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome here ! I feel glad you made it to the right place.

5. 2planks

2planks New to Mu-43

Jun 2, 2010
    NJ
    Shooter -- Thanks, I live right outside Philadelphia in Camden county... just a short ride on the Patco to get into town.

I don't really post much at RFF but love hanging out and learning from those that have so much more to offer than I do. I learned how to develop my own b&w film and prints through reading there....built my own little apartment- closet-darkroom, and have learned about all the different varieties of camera formats out there. I now have a rangefinder: Yashica GSN, a twin lens reflex: Rolleiflex, a classic SLR: Canon AE-1, and hopefully soon, a :43: will join the group.

I also have a Panasonic LX2 for a digital p&s. It is a neat camera and I love the 16:9 aspect ratio. However, it is not a great people shooter. (barrel distortion = big noses at the wide angle, and lens stops down and becomes too slow when zoomed out)

LaMesa -- So I guess you are saying I would be better off if I moved to California? hahaha :tongue:

Herman -- thank you.

6. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    welcome from nyc , i visit the beautiful garden state often

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome 2planks - that's a nice kit you have your eye on.

8. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    Another welcome from PA, and good luck with your entrance to :43: :2thumbs:

9. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hey, 2planks - welcome from another New Yorker. Very glad you migrated.:biggrin:

And a belated welcome to you, too LaMesaFellow. Thanks for your introduction, as well.:wink:

10. dbledsoe

dbledsoe Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2010
    Welcome from another long time RF Forum junkie.:wink:

Don

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.