Hello from New England

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by vaskelovo, Aug 17, 2010.

1. vaskelovo

vaskelovo New to Mu-43

Aug 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Boston actually.
    Still testing waters with :43: but used regular 4/3 for years,
    some pics with 'ole E1 here, glad for your feedback. Anxious to see what the September Photokina has in stock for the system.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome, vaskelovo! Are you using a :43: camera now, or still considering?
  3. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome vaskelova - I'm a convert from the 4/3 system. Perhaps and E-5 at Photokina?
  5. StuAV007

StuAV007 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 10, 2010
    Stirling, Scotland
    Hello from me too. :smile:
  6. vaskelovo

vaskelovo New to Mu-43

Aug 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! Still shooting 4/3 for now (and will likely continue to, at least for telephoto), but looking to get into :43:, next vacation perhaps.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I can understand a bit of reluctance and uncertainty as you consider the shift. I've been exceptionally pleased with the E-PL1, it's 14-42 kit lens and the Lumix 45-200 lens. (I still have my E-1. E-3 and 2 E-410s for similar thoughts, although I'm ready to part with 3 of them now. Yes, my gripped E-1 may be destined for a new home, ouch.)

Depending on which m4/3 camera you get, you could continue to use your current 4/3 lenses, using either the Oly or Lumix brand adapters. I have the Lumix one and the E-PL1 works fine with my 4/3 Oly lenses and my Lensbaby Composer.

Anyways, welcome to this forum (the best and friendliest) and good luck with your future purchase.
  8. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome here !