1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello from New England

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by vaskelovo, Aug 17, 2010.

1. vaskelovo

vaskelovo New to Mu-43

Aug 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Boston actually.
    Still testing waters with :43: but used regular 4/3 for years,
    some pics with 'ole E1 here, glad for your feedback. Anxious to see what the September Photokina has in stock for the system.
    Cheers,

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome, vaskelovo! Are you using a :43: camera now, or still considering?

3. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome vaskelova - I'm a convert from the 4/3 system. Perhaps and E-5 at Photokina?

5. StuAV007

StuAV007 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 10, 2010
    Stirling, Scotland
    Hello from me too. :smile:

6. vaskelovo

vaskelovo New to Mu-43

Aug 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! Still shooting 4/3 for now (and will likely continue to, at least for telephoto), but looking to get into :43:, next vacation perhaps.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I can understand a bit of reluctance and uncertainty as you consider the shift. I've been exceptionally pleased with the E-PL1, it's 14-42 kit lens and the Lumix 45-200 lens. (I still have my E-1. E-3 and 2 E-410s for similar thoughts, although I'm ready to part with 3 of them now. Yes, my gripped E-1 may be destined for a new home, ouch.)

Depending on which m4/3 camera you get, you could continue to use your current 4/3 lenses, using either the Oly or Lumix brand adapters. I have the Lumix one and the E-PL1 works fine with my 4/3 Oly lenses and my Lensbaby Composer.

Anyways, welcome to this forum (the best and friendliest) and good luck with your future purchase.

8. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome here !