Hello from Nashville

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by TK_GF1_1982, Jun 22, 2010.

1. TK_GF1_1982

TK_GF1_1982 New to Mu-43

Jun 22, 2010
    Nashville
    Been an avid photographer for a almost a decade now, started out with Canon film, a Mamiya 645E, RB 67 and a Nikon F100. Once I made the switch to digital I decided to move to the Canon 20D, which I still shoot today (with great success). I worked at a camera store that sold new and used equipment for several years where I earned my working photography education. I have pretty much shot everything that took film, from the original pen all the way up to a sinar 5x7 field camera, with every format and brand in between. After the camera store, I shot weddings, portraits, food and commercial for around five years. I'm now a graphic/web/3D designer with photography as a very useful addition to my current career. I had been hunting for the ideal compact camera to lug with me everywhere for years. I shot a Canon IVSB for a while (until the curtain developed pinholes) and loved the form factor, lens quality and low profile of the little rangefinder. I hit upon the LX3 first, and love, love love it, but when the GF1 came out it was all over for me. So close to the old rangefinder it's painful, and great image quality to boot Just holding my breath for more lenses. So here I am.

• Like Like x 6
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

TK, I think you'll find you'll like it here. Very glad you found your way here with your GF1!:biggrin:

3. TK_GF1_1982

TK_GF1_1982 New to Mu-43

Jun 22, 2010
    Nashville
    Thanks! Don't usually go overboard like this, but the GF1 bug bit hard. We're (my wife and I) ramping up for a year abroad so I'm trying to find what I consider to be the ultimate travel kit. I think the GF1 will be a great base for that.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Your year abroad sounds very exciting and I think you were very smart to go for it. Promise to post some photographs, soon, too!

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome to the forum, TK!

6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello, welcome here !

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome TK, I hope you'll make yourself at home here :friends:

Cheers

Brian

8. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome - the :43: format has that power over people. :thumbup:

9. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Welcome to the forum.

I'm not too far from you, down here in Huntsville, AL.

Hows the rebuilding going on up there after the flood?

10. TK_GF1_1982

TK_GF1_1982 New to Mu-43

Jun 22, 2010
    Nashville
    @djarum: seems to be moving along. We were fortunate and didn't have any damage, but there are still some neighborhoods that are pretty wrecked. Downtown is pretty much back together (except for the best parts of the farmer's market, the restaurants and the international market, which are closed still). I was actually in New York when it all happened, so when I flew in during the week I got quite an eye-full from the plane.