Hello from MO!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by j0sh818, Jul 18, 2011.

1. j0sh818

j0sh818 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    MO
    Hi guys!

Soon-to-be m4/3 user here. I shoot with canon gear as a hobby (started this addiction a year ago: total newb!) and going to try m4/3 as a walk around camera. I am a POTN and fredmiranda member for more than a year now and found some familliar people here. :)

Looking forward to learn more about the system and improve my photography in general.

Thanks!

Josh :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    since you're from the "show-me-state", we need to see some shots, when you get your camera. Congrats and welcome.

• Like Like x 2
  3. j0sh818

j0sh818 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    MO
    Hi Luke,

Will be posting soon. :)

Thanks!

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello Josh and welcome. When you get some :43: gear the Canon stuff may get lonely.

• Like Like x 1
  5. j0sh818

j0sh818 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    MO
    Hi Bill! That's what i am thinking also. Hopefully not. LOL

Thanks for the welcome!

Josh

6. Jordan

Jordan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Welcome to the forums.
    My Canon stuff was already lonely so I sold it to get my E-PL2 and lenses. I like the smaller size so I can carry it around to more social gatherings, and not just on vacation (which didn't happen often enough). I'm going to Florida again this year, so I will get to see how the E-PL2 will compare to how the XTi did last summer.

7. j0sh818

j0sh818 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    MO
    Hi Jordan!

That's also the main reason wifey and I decided to get m4/3 system. A compact walk around camera without sacrificing the IQ since we are spoiled by the IQ of our 5D2. But having big dslr while pushing the stroller of our 2-month old is not ideal. LOL.

Thanks for the welcome!

Josh

8. Jordan

Jordan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I liked the IQ of my Rebel XTi and wish the finances let me keep both. But since I'm still in college it was one or the other. In a few years I may pick up another DSLR or depending on how well the MU-43 bodies are at the time, I may not need to get the DSLR.
    So far I'm liking the size and space advantages of this current kit over the XTi.

• Like Like x 1
  9. j0sh818

j0sh818 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    MO
    Hi Jordan!

Education is way more important! DSLR's come and go. Soon you could have both systems if you want.

Cheers!