1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello from MO!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by j0sh818, Jul 18, 2011.

1. j0sh818

j0sh818 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    MO
    Hi guys!

Soon-to-be m4/3 user here. I shoot with canon gear as a hobby (started this addiction a year ago: total newb!) and going to try m4/3 as a walk around camera. I am a POTN and fredmiranda member for more than a year now and found some familliar people here. :)

Looking forward to learn more about the system and improve my photography in general.

Thanks!

Josh :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    since you're from the "show-me-state", we need to see some shots, when you get your camera. Congrats and welcome.

• Like Like x 2
  3. j0sh818

j0sh818 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    MO
    Hi Luke,

Will be posting soon. :)

Thanks!

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello Josh and welcome. When you get some :43: gear the Canon stuff may get lonely.

• Like Like x 1
  5. j0sh818

j0sh818 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    MO
    Hi Bill! That's what i am thinking also. Hopefully not. LOL

Thanks for the welcome!

Josh

6. Jordan

Jordan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Welcome to the forums.
    My Canon stuff was already lonely so I sold it to get my E-PL2 and lenses. I like the smaller size so I can carry it around to more social gatherings, and not just on vacation (which didn't happen often enough). I'm going to Florida again this year, so I will get to see how the E-PL2 will compare to how the XTi did last summer.

7. j0sh818

j0sh818 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    MO
    Hi Jordan!

That's also the main reason wifey and I decided to get m4/3 system. A compact walk around camera without sacrificing the IQ since we are spoiled by the IQ of our 5D2. But having big dslr while pushing the stroller of our 2-month old is not ideal. LOL.

Thanks for the welcome!

Josh

8. Jordan

Jordan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I liked the IQ of my Rebel XTi and wish the finances let me keep both. But since I'm still in college it was one or the other. In a few years I may pick up another DSLR or depending on how well the MU-43 bodies are at the time, I may not need to get the DSLR.
    So far I'm liking the size and space advantages of this current kit over the XTi.

• Like Like x 1
  9. j0sh818

j0sh818 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    MO
    Hi Jordan!

Education is way more important! DSLR's come and go. Soon you could have both systems if you want.

Cheers!