Hello from Minnesota

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by zpierce, Sep 28, 2010.

1. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hi there, I've been lurking for a few weeks trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can from the forum. It's great to have a forum dedicated to the platform!

I've been a "serious" amateur since I picked up a G1 as my first non point and shoot camera over a year ago. I absolutely love it, and wish I had more creativity to find more opportunities for snapping photos. I like to browse other's photos for ideas. I'm very quick to learn the techie stuff, but am less artistic.

I post most of my photos on Flickr (mainly for friends and family), feel free to have a look and I love feedback.

Flickr: zach.pierce's Photostream

I have just jumped into the world of adapted lenses. My kit consists of:
    Lumix G1
    Lumix 14-45mm f3.5-5.6
    Lumix 20mm f1.7
    Lumix 45-200mm f4-5.6
    Minolta 50mm f1.4
    Vivitar 55mm f2.8 macro

I have yet to buy a flash, as I've had enough to learn thus far, but I think I'm ready for that next. I'd welcome recommendations (affordable please!). I've been trying to find one with high speed sync as I think i'd like to use it to light photos I take at running events outside. Those seem hard to come by for the platform, at a reasonable price.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Zach! That's a nice setup you've put together there - have fun!

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome Zach !
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Zach, glad you came out of the shadows and joined up - I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your photographs here, soon.:wink: