1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Minnesota

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by zpierce, Sep 28, 2010.

1. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    Hi there, I've been lurking for a few weeks trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can from the forum. It's great to have a forum dedicated to the platform!

I've been a "serious" amateur since I picked up a G1 as my first non point and shoot camera over a year ago. I absolutely love it, and wish I had more creativity to find more opportunities for snapping photos. I like to browse other's photos for ideas. I'm very quick to learn the techie stuff, but am less artistic.

I post most of my photos on Flickr (mainly for friends and family), feel free to have a look and I love feedback.

Flickr: zach.pierce's Photostream

I have just jumped into the world of adapted lenses. My kit consists of:
    Lumix G1
    Lumix 14-45mm f3.5-5.6
    Lumix 20mm f1.7
    Lumix 45-200mm f4-5.6
    Minolta 50mm f1.4
    Vivitar 55mm f2.8 macro

I have yet to buy a flash, as I've had enough to learn thus far, but I think I'm ready for that next. I'd welcome recommendations (affordable please!). I've been trying to find one with high speed sync as I think i'd like to use it to light photos I take at running events outside. Those seem hard to come by for the platform, at a reasonable price.

Zach

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Zach! That's a nice setup you've put together there - have fun!

Colin

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome Zach !

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Zach, glad you came out of the shadows and joined up - I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your photographs here, soon.:wink: