Hello from Michigan

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by shoc, Aug 15, 2010.

1. shoc

shoc New to Mu-43

Aug 15, 2010
    Hi all. My name is Steve. My background is that of an architect. Photography has been a part time amateur pastime of mine for many years. My first camera was an OM2n purchased around 1980. I still have it and have used it recently. One of my relatives gave me their Nikon FE system a few years ago. I still have that too. I have quite a few OM and Nikkor ais lenses.

I have had a couple of point and shoots but my purchase last spring of an E-P2 with an Olympus 14-42mm and a Panasonic 20mm was the first time I have stepped into any serious digital photography. I read more about photography and shoot less than is probably good.

Available light shooting (no flash) is my favorite. I like the Pany 20 and the OM 50mm 1.4f (with the MMF2 adapter) a lot. I am thinking about an adapter for the Nikon manual lenses. Any thoughts?

I am looking forward to interesting reading from you all. Thanks for having what looks like a great forum and for making this opportunity possible.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tomrock

tomrock Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Welcome. My wife and I have a small cottage on Beaver Island off the coast of Charlevoix.

What part of Michigan is yours?
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Steve, glad to have you here and please be sure to post some of your photographs soon. Looking forward to your involvement here!
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello Steve and welcome here !
  5. Spaceghost33

Spaceghost33 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Welcome Steve! I'm a Michigander myself (although I reside in Chicago now). Manual lenses are fun! The adapters are an inexpensive way to put the old lens into use again. Enjoy!