Hello from Miami, Florida

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by gsciorio, Dec 29, 2011.

1. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    After reading Mu43 for a while I finally decided to get an account so I can interact with all the cool people on this site.

I'm a big M43 fan, have been since the Olympus E1. I've been shooting professionally since 2005. The Olympus E1 was my first pro camera and I was supported by Olympus while I shot their new (at the time) system. I switched to Canon in 2006 after Olympus really slowed down development of their pro line but always keep in touch with my friends that worked at Olympus.

I've been shooting since the 1990's when I inherited a camera from a close friend that was killed in a automobile accident.

Recently when Olympus gave me a EPM1 as part of their Pen Ready project. It's so small and fast allowing me shoot in a new and exciting ways.

Also I just finished a project consisting of over 120 portraits all shot with the Pen and will be showing them soon via my tumblr site. Yes the Pen has more noise and less dynamic range then my 5DMKII but that's no surprise to me plus the quality of the noise and overall file quality is very high.

I think as the system becomes more evolved with better sensors that I will shoot more and more jobs with a m43 camera.

Thanks for reading!

2. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Welcome. Good to see that PenReady campaign is working:)

3. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Welocme from Boise, Idaho..

4. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  5. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Thanks everyone. I'll be posting more as soon as I get time. Happy holidays.