Hello from Mendoza, Argentina

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by TetonTom, Dec 20, 2012.

1. TetonTom

TetonTom Mu-43 Regular

Hi Everyone,
    I'm a current Nikon DSLR shooter who's interested in mirrorless systems, and will more than likely try out something new this next year, 2013. M43 is attractive to me, especially the new OMD body, and also because of the lenses available. It may be true that there's a more complete M43 lens system than the Nikon DX system!
    OK, I look forward to reading and taking part in fora and meeting some new folks!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome! :43: is a terrific system, you won't be disappointed. :cool:
  3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Hey Tom, since picking up a pair of OM-D's, the only time my FF system only gets touched is when I shove more paper under them. Yeah there are differences between FF and µ4/3, but for what I shoot those differences are not all that significant. Welcome to the forum.

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum, Tom!
  5. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Bienvenido al foro, yo también era usuario de Nikon y ahora soy apasionado del mundo :43:. :smile:
  6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Tom, welcome aboard! I'm a (former) D300 shooter who has moved completely to :43:. I shoot the OM-D EM-5 and find it a reasonable alternative to the Nikon (short of shooting action sports).

The :43: lenses are coming along, and if you consider all of the legacy lenses that can be adapted (adapters are relatively inexpensive) there is a huge number of lenses available.

The weight difference between the gripped D300 and the gripped EM-5 is palpable. There is much less fatigue at the end of the day (from carrying the kit).

7. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Saludos Tom de un chileno en nueva zelandia. Llegue aca despues de que vendi mi 5dmkii y lentes por una olympus omd. Increible maquina a decir verdad.
  8. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Welcome to the forum!