Hello from Maryland

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by gregoryfo, Jun 12, 2010.

1. gregoryfo

gregoryfo New to Mu-43

Jun 11, 2010
    Hi all,

My name is Greg and I have a gf1 and G10 along with Canon DSLRs. I picked up the gf1 20 1.7 kit last fall for a Disney trip. When we went to Disney three years ago I took a 5d, by the end of the trip I had great shots, but also a sore shoulder. This time the GF1 provided similarly wonderful memory pics without the sore shoulder, so I was hooked.

My dream is that Olympus will release a 'tough' micro 4/3s pen. The weakest part of my family pics is at the water parks which we go to often in the summer. Please Olympus hear my plea!!!!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hey, Greg, thanks for stopping in for the "official" introduction. Very glad to have you here.:thumbup:
  3. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD

Hi Greg, Welcome from another Maryland member. I also downsized to a Gf1 for vacation this year, and found it far easier to carry than a bag full of 35mm gear. I haven't had the camera long, but so far I'm impressed.

4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Greg ! I'm too looking forward to a "tough" mft camera...that makes us two.
    Enjoy your weekend.
  5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  6. Ephemeral Moment

Ephemeral Moment Mu-43 Regular

Jun 3, 2010
    Hi Greg, glad to see another convert
  7. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey G'day Greg, good to see ya on this excellent fair dinkum site. I've got the GF1 and I'm happy as larry with it. Talk about light, I went flying with my brother out woop-woop yesterday arvo and a few times I had to physically check if my camera was still hanging of my shoulder. I love it.

8. Ephemeral Moment

Ephemeral Moment Mu-43 Regular

Jun 3, 2010
    Not just light but very inconspicuous - might even try my hand at Street Photography