Hello from Maine

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Tom M, May 29, 2012.

1. Tom M

Tom M Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2012
    Georgia/Maine
    Tom
    Hi. My name is Tom. I am from Georgia but currently spend 6 months (summer) in Maine. I have been involved in photography since college in the 60's. I have used 35mm many years ago, and mostly medium format, and large format (4x5) in the past 20 years. I mostly shot landscapes, and did a few weddings. I had gotten away from photography for several years as all of my gear was large and I often did not have the room to transport it.

Last year, I decided to move to digital, and sold my medium and large format cameras. I spent about 6 months researching cameras, and thought I wanted a full-frame (which I could not afford) or APS-C sensor. But then I stumbled on the world of micro four-thirds, and was impressed by the images. Thanks to this forum, I got a lot of good information, and ordered an Olympus OM-D EM-5 on announcement day, and received it in late May. I continue to be impressed by this little camera as I struggle to understand all of its settngs, as well as processing digital in Lightroom. I am doing mostly street photography and some landscapes now.

Thanks
    Tom

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! I hope you enjoy :43: as much as I have, it's a great system. :thumbup:

3. tubedriver

tubedriver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Shaun
    Welcome Tom.

I am sure your gonna love your OMD EM-5 and micro 4/3. I look forward to seeing your work.

4. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Hey, hey, hey :) 

5. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    im in maine also want to meet up?

6. Tom M

Tom M Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2012
    Georgia/Maine
    Tom
    Sure. What part of Maine? I am on Mount Desert Island.

7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome to the forum.

Gary

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.