1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Maine

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Tom M, May 29, 2012.

1. Tom M

Tom M Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2012
    Georgia/Maine
    Tom
    Hi. My name is Tom. I am from Georgia but currently spend 6 months (summer) in Maine. I have been involved in photography since college in the 60's. I have used 35mm many years ago, and mostly medium format, and large format (4x5) in the past 20 years. I mostly shot landscapes, and did a few weddings. I had gotten away from photography for several years as all of my gear was large and I often did not have the room to transport it.

Last year, I decided to move to digital, and sold my medium and large format cameras. I spent about 6 months researching cameras, and thought I wanted a full-frame (which I could not afford) or APS-C sensor. But then I stumbled on the world of micro four-thirds, and was impressed by the images. Thanks to this forum, I got a lot of good information, and ordered an Olympus OM-D EM-5 on announcement day, and received it in late May. I continue to be impressed by this little camera as I struggle to understand all of its settngs, as well as processing digital in Lightroom. I am doing mostly street photography and some landscapes now.

Thanks
    Tom

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! I hope you enjoy :43: as much as I have, it's a great system. :thumbup:

3. tubedriver

tubedriver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Shaun
    Welcome Tom.

I am sure your gonna love your OMD EM-5 and micro 4/3. I look forward to seeing your work.

4. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Hey, hey, hey :)

5. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    im in maine also want to meet up?

6. Tom M

Tom M Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2012
    Georgia/Maine
    Tom
    Sure. What part of Maine? I am on Mount Desert Island.

7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome to the forum.

Gary