1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Locster, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Locster

Locster Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2010
    Hi from W. LA. I figured I should introduce myself after posting this thread that made it to the front page :biggrin:

The GF1 is my first :43: camera. I'm a longtime Canon user (D60, 20D, 5D2) who was in search of a lighter kit that produces great images without sacrificing SLR like controls.

I have no formal art training and actually write software for a living. I admire the photographs by Ansel Adams and Galen Rowell and the rest just followed.

2. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Hello and welcome,
    Just looked through your Yosemite photo's - spectacular!

I don't mean to hijack your thread; but I noticed you do ultralight, I'm a keen backpacker and was curious what kit you took and how / if you dealt with condensation? I recently lost a nokia when bivvying - and have no intention of letting that happen to my E-P1!
    Cheers

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Locster, thanks for stopping in here for a more formal introduction. Glad to have you here, and I hope you'll become involved in more discussions across the forum.:thumbup:

4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome here !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.