1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Los Angeles, CA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by memzinla, Nov 30, 2012.

1. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hello! :D I've been a lurker of this forum for a while, and have mostly being a lurker in the marketplace forum. I've been trying to find a deal on an OM-D.

I started out with point and shoots, and my first professional camera was an Olympus E-520. That camera is so special to me, and I loved the quality of it. I think I took some of my favorite pictures with that camera. I ended up selling it only because I also wanted HD video. I then bought a Canon T2i, and I also love it, but loved the E-520 even more. The colors were just amazing.

My cousin in Mexico wants to buy my camera Canon T2i, and now I finally have an excuse to buy the Olympus OM-D! What really attracted me to the Olympus was that it's weather sealed, IBIS looks amazing, and has lenses that I want. I really want the Panasonic 25mm, and the Olympus 12mm F2 with the latter being far away from being purchased. :(

I've been trying to find my style, and have noticed I mostly shoot wide. I had a telephone lens on my Canon that always stayed home. I really liked the Sigma 10-20mm and the Sigma 30mm on my Canon.

I still don't have the Olympus, but should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to play with it!

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group! Hope you love the OM-D and look forward to seeing your images.

3. memzinla

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you. :D I can't wait to play with it. haha

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard! Hope your camera comes bright and early!

Regards,

Jim

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! :smile:

6. memzinla

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA