Hello from London/NYC

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by razkaz81, May 7, 2011.

1. razkaz81

razkaz81 New to Mu-43

May 7, 2011
    Hello all,

Good to meet you all - albeit through the medium of the internet :)

Soo, a little about myself: I am quite a keen traveller - having trekked through much of Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Naturally, comes the photography - which I have been getting an increasing love for. Things started off with a point and shoot which was fine for its time - but in many cases, didn't make justice of the amazing scenery. Next came the stalwart Nikon D40 - my first SLR. That was great - but I had to admit that I mostly used the Auto settings :frown:

I started to read up a little on the technicalities of photography (topics such as aperture, shutter speed etc..) and was keen to experiment. I loved the D40, but the compactness of the point and shoot was great for travels. Naturally, four-thirds seemed to be the way ahead.

Although I am yet to sell the D40 (too many memories :redface: ), I went ahead and purchased a GF2 - it seemed to be solidly built and comes highly recommended through the reviews I read. And also, it had 720p recording.

I enjoy looking through your photos - and keen to add to my current photo collection in Flickr (feel free to browse): Tasneem Kabir's collections on Flickr

Catch you guys soon
  2. kytra

kytra Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
  3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Welcome to the fourm. I understand not wanting to sell your old camera; Only yesterday I charged up my old travel buddy (Canon 350D) and took it out for a spin.

BTW, feel free to add your flickr link in your signature.
  4. shoturtle

Oct 15, 2010
    welcome, and congrats on m4/3. The compact m4/3 bodies does make for a great travel system.
  5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England