1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from London/NYC

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by razkaz81, May 7, 2011.

1. razkaz81

razkaz81 New to Mu-43

May 7, 2011
    Hello all,

Good to meet you all - albeit through the medium of the internet :) 

Soo, a little about myself: I am quite a keen traveller - having trekked through much of Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Naturally, comes the photography - which I have been getting an increasing love for. Things started off with a point and shoot which was fine for its time - but in many cases, didn't make justice of the amazing scenery. Next came the stalwart Nikon D40 - my first SLR. That was great - but I had to admit that I mostly used the Auto settings :frown:

I started to read up a little on the technicalities of photography (topics such as aperture, shutter speed etc..) and was keen to experiment. I loved the D40, but the compactness of the point and shoot was great for travels. Naturally, four-thirds seemed to be the way ahead.

Although I am yet to sell the D40 (too many memories :redface: ), I went ahead and purchased a GF2 - it seemed to be solidly built and comes highly recommended through the reviews I read. And also, it had 720p recording.

I enjoy looking through your photos - and keen to add to my current photo collection in Flickr (feel free to browse): Tasneem Kabir's collections on Flickr

Catch you guys soon

2. kytra

kytra Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome!

3. Welcome to the fourm. I understand not wanting to sell your old camera; Only yesterday I charged up my old travel buddy (Canon 350D) and took it out for a spin.

BTW, feel free to add your flickr link in your signature.

4. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    welcome, and congrats on m4/3. The compact m4/3 bodies does make for a great travel system.

5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.