Hello from Lithuania!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Andrius, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Andrius

Andrius Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 29, 2014
    Lithuania
    Hello, everyone!

A representative from Lithuania (more accurately - Klaipeda) here.
    My name's Andrius and I'm a happy Olympus user for a bit over a year. Most of the stuff is pretty standard - recently finished a university, started working and doing the usual stuff that people do.

While I spend most of my time at the computer (that's what web developers do, sadly!), I TRY to find more time to do some photography and am hoping to do it more in the future.
    Due to being sidetracked by normal stuff, I had to do something different this year, so I've started my 365 Project which has already proven to be a hard one due to the weather outside (read - cloudy, gray and cold). My flickr album for the project can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/101213625@N02/sets/72157650058748705/. I'm also interested in seeing other people's 365 projects (and 52 week ones!) so feel free to PM or message the links here (I'll probably just end up ripping your photography thoughts, though, heh!).

My current setup is pretty standard:
    • Black E-PM2
    • Olympus 14-42 II (Kit lens)
    • Olympus 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 R
    • Olympus 35mm f3.5 Macro (4/3 -> m4/3)
    • Auto Revuenon 135mm f2.8 (m42 -> m4/3)

I've joined this community to mostly read up on various photography equipment and most likely spend even more money needlessly ;)
    So far, I'm happy with the place even though I have not participated too much. The community does not seem to be elitist towards certain opinions and that's what I like the most here.

So that's me.
    Have a great year, guys :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Boy777

Boy777 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    Seattle
    Eugene
    Welcome from Seattle! I have been in Klaipeda many years ago. I don't remember too much, but it is awesome smelt fishing. Also great outdoors with nice clean rivers, forests and lot of mushrooms.

3. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    Austin, Texas USA
    Jim Phipps
    Howdy from Austin, Texas.

4. datagov

datagov Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2012
    New York
    Hello Andrius,

I visited Vilnius last year and spent one cold and rainy early morning wandering its enchanting and empty streets and took one good photo. Welcome to the forum.

_9238607 by count_ciano, on Flickr