Hello from Lincolnshire

Bionic

Mu-43 Regular
As above hello all. I'm a new convert to micro four thirds having just taken delivery of a new (to me) Olympus em5ii. I've been in to photography for getting on for 30 years, originally 35mm with a Pentax ME super and a home dark room set up. Eventually I moved to digital with a few fuji compact cameras then several years with an Olympus bridge camera of some description. The last 10 years have been spent with Canon aps-c DSLRs, most recently an Eos 80d. My reason for giving M43 a whirl is that I have a back full of metal work and lugging the DSLR about can be a pain as a result. Having had a little play about so far with my new oly I have to say I'm very impressed and if I'm honest the images seem to take less post processing than those from the Canon. Time will tell but I have a feeling my DSLR is going to start gathering dust.
Anyway, apologies for the long rambling introduction. Looking forward to getting to know you all. If anyone's still reading, thanks. James

Andrewmap

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Martin
Welcome to the mad place, James! I started out with a Pentax MX an infinite number of moons ago and moved over to Panasonic :mu43: back in 2015 (after a fling with a Nikon D60) and have been happy with it since.

Hope to see some of your images soon!

Martin:thumbsup:

Lupin 3rd

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Welcome!

I have an E-M5 ii as well and it's a great little camera. Together with the 17mm and 45mm they're pretty much my daily carry on. Feel free to post if you have questions about lens.

Real Name
Steve
Hi and welcome. I too made the switch from Canon FF and apsc bodies and the very good but heavy L glass - 'tis all gone now. This is a great forum with some tremendous photographers, and all the talk is photography, as it should be. The forum inspires me daily as it does many members, I'm sure you'll love it here.

jhawk1000

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mel
Welcome, my wife and I made the change from Nikon to Olympus last year. I have a bad back and wrist so it was a great move for me. Wife shoots professionally and she sees no drop off in her business nor quality.

coffeecat

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rob
Welcome! I'm towards the SW of this island, but apparently quite a few of my ancestors came from Lincs. Anyway, as has already been said, it's friendly here.

Rob

Latest threads

Top Bottom