1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from lincolnshire uk

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by symply photo, Jul 22, 2012.

1. symply photo

symply photo New to Mu-43

Jul 18, 2012
    Hiya everyone. Im a wedding and portrait photographer who had taken a giant leap IOC faith .... Sold ALL my canon kit and bought the OMD E5 (two!) and an array of lenses. (wrist injury meant I can't take the weight of canon for all day shoots anymore)

So am thrilled - and frustrated - all in one go as its a completely different way of thinking

Got some techy issues which I will post on the relevant sections but for now I'm pleased I've found you all:)

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

2. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

3. brutto

brutto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    Welcome simply photo to one of the friendliest photo forums around. You are very brave and very smart in my book. I've had a browse of your blog and I think we'll be learning plenty from you. Please share your new blog posts with us and tell us more about how you find shooting weddings and portraits with your O-MDs. Which lenses did you go for? Have you pre-ordered the 75/1.8?

4. symply photo

Jul 18, 2012
    Thank you for the warm welcome and for looking at my site!! You are very kind :) I don't know about brave but I dud take a deep breath before the leap! So far am happy that I've made the move I have the kit lens, a Panasonic 20mm 1.7, Olympus 45mm 1.8, and the Olympus 40-150 zoom. Just discovered my .45 converter fits the pansy so I have a wide angle ready made aswell yeayy!! Have also preordered the 75mm. I love the fact it ALL fits in a small camera bag!! Looking forward to sharing news views and thoughts with you all :)

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome, for some reason your last post got flagged by our software as spam, so no one could see it until now. Sorry for that!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

6. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    Welcome 'simply'..........a name would be nicer.

7. symply photo

Jul 18, 2012
    I did wonder why there was no interaction!! Oops

My name is Sharon - I don't know yet how to change the settings to come up with that - I thought I saw an option in the profile box but obviously not!

8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome Sharon! I think you will enjoy the folks here. There's a link up on top for the "User CP" which will take you to a control panel to edit your profile, attach a signature at the bottom of posts, put in your real name, etc. :biggrin:

9. MalSales

MalSales Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 12, 2012
    Nottingham, UK
    Malcolm Sales
    Hi Sharon,

I live just down the A46 from you (just outside Nottingham). Like you I'm a professional Wedding & Portrait photographer. BUT unlike you I still have my very heavy Nikon D700 and all the f2.8 lenses you could imagine.

I'm enjoying my Lumix GX1 and will soon be jumping onto the OM-D bandwagon:)

10. MalSales

MalSales Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 12, 2012
    Nottingham, UK
    Malcolm Sales
    Hi Sharon,

I live just down the A46 from you (just outside Nottingham). Like you I'm a professional Wedding & Portrait photographer. BUT unlike you I still have my very heavy Nikon D700 and all the f2.8 lenses you could imagine.

I'm enjoying my Lumix GX1 and will soon be jumping onto the OM-D bandwagon:)

11. symply photo

Jul 18, 2012
    Hiya! That's not far at all from me -I really am enjoying the lighter kit. I'm on a rare weekend off in London and for the first time I am carrying my "pro" camera -and a fistful of lenses because I can and it's easy!