Hello from Lancashire.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Harribo, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Harribo

Harribo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    Hi, I am a new member here but have been viewing the posts for a few weeks since buying the GF-1. I must say it Is a great camera with the 20mm 1.7 lens and is like a breath of fresh air after using a full size SLR and DSLR for many years. With two young children pulling at your heels it is the ideal choice on family days out. I also have the 14-45 lens but it seems to just sit on the shelf at the moment.

This forum has produced some great images, which I have enjoyed viewing to see what the camera is capable of.

I have got a small selection of photos together and will hopefully share them a few at a time over the coming weeks and will hopefully continue to do so.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Howdy Harribo, Happy to see you with us all. I also have a GF1 and i can related with you and i enjoy the great little 20mm lens as well.

I would be delighted to see some of your photos. It's great to see some of the stuff that's happening around the world and i reckon it's awesome no matter what our different cultures and situations are - we all love taking photos. And that is what this awesome site is all about. A place to get-together and share.

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome, Harribo and please do share some of your photographs here!:thumbup:
  4. GaryCh

GaryCh Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2010
    Hi Haribo,

Also in Lancs (Preston). Nice to see I'm not alone up here : )

Anyway, a big welcome to you and I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    i have a gf1 and an ep1 .....

love them both ........

as i continue to think about what micro 4\3 offers into the future.... i am dismayed that the cooperative paradigm of the lens mount and sensor didnt include some parameters for software correction of the lenses , panasonic and olympus should work more cooperatively in this, as software correction becomes more important in a lens basic "optical" performance for this lens \sensor mount
  6. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Looking forward to the show!

Bokeh Diem
  7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome Haribo, please do make yourself at home :friends:

I'll look forward to seeing your posts!

8. SimonL

SimonL Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2009
    NW England
    I'm another from Lancs. Originally from the Hoghton area between Preston & Blackburn but now in sunny [or not] St Annes on Sea

Welcome to the campus
  9. Harribo

Harribo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    Thanks Simon,

I think St Annes sounds better for photography! went there last year for a few days and hope to go back this year.

I'm from near Colne, so not too far from the Yorkshire Dales which is good for photos, as you know from looking at your website.
    I Like the B&W Mahlam tree photo in particular. The days end 1 photo has lovely lighting to it. Keep up the good work.
  10. grum

grum Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2010
    I'm also in Lancashire - Lancaster in fact :waves:
  11. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome ! Glad you joined us !
  12. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010