Hello from KY

sparkin

Mu-43 Regular
Old hat in photography, but new to m43 (ep2 as of yesterday). Started out in the early 80s with OM, lazily drifted into Stylus in the 90s. First digital was an Olympus D510 - stolen at DisneyWorld in 2005 - loved that camera, but it ate batteries. Moved to Canon, built a big complex system over 5 years. Spent a lot of time designing and building stuff for stitched panaoramas (see URL in sig). But ... just recently on a trip to Maui, got fed up of hauling it all around. Decided to take a look at m43. Chose Olympus largely because of ancient history, and opportunity to play with old OM (and other) glass. Also have Olympus stereo microscopes in my lab. at work. Intend to keep one foot in Canon land, and one in m43 for a while.

It's good to be here!

Sean

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Welcome, Sean. I too have an OM and Stylus in my past. Micro 4/3 is a good place to be right now. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Welcome! You have come to the right place.

My parents are from Lawrenceburg so I have lots of relatives in Kentucky. I get back there periodically to liberate some good Kentucky bourbon from Austin Nichols where my grandfather was the master distiller.

sparkin

Mu-43 Regular
Welcome, Sean. I too have an OM and Stylus in my past. Micro 4/3 is a good place to be right now. Hope you enjoy the forum.
Thanks! My plan, when I get time, is to attach the ep2 to my stereomicroscopes. For that I need a c-mount adapter - any good advice for that ?

Welcome! You have come to the right place.

My parents are from Lawrenceburg so I have lots of relatives in Kentucky. I get back there periodically to liberate some good Kentucky bourbon from Austin Nichols where my grandfather was the master distiller.
My wife's the Kentuckian - I'm a transplanted limey! Been in the US for 21 years, KY for 10, but still have comprehension issues. :smile:

Howdy from Looavull!
:smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom