1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello from KY

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by sparkin, Nov 18, 2010.

1. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Old hat in photography, but new to m43 (ep2 as of yesterday). Started out in the early 80s with OM, lazily drifted into Stylus in the 90s. First digital was an Olympus D510 - stolen at DisneyWorld in 2005 - loved that camera, but it ate batteries. Moved to Canon, built a big complex system over 5 years. Spent a lot of time designing and building stuff for stitched panaoramas (see URL in sig). But ... just recently on a trip to Maui, got fed up of hauling it all around. Decided to take a look at m43. Chose Olympus largely because of ancient history, and opportunity to play with old OM (and other) glass. Also have Olympus stereo microscopes in my lab. at work. Intend to keep one foot in Canon land, and one in m43 for a while.

It's good to be here!

Sean

• Like Like x 1
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome, Sean. I too have an OM and Stylus in my past. Micro 4/3 is a good place to be right now. Hope you enjoy the forum.

3. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Welcome! You have come to the right place.

My parents are from Lawrenceburg so I have lots of relatives in Kentucky. I get back there periodically to liberate some good Kentucky bourbon from Austin Nichols where my grandfather was the master distiller.

4. gjtoth

gjtoth Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 18, 2010
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Howdy from Looavull!

5. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Thanks! My plan, when I get time, is to attach the ep2 to my stereomicroscopes. For that I need a c-mount adapter - any good advice for that ?

My wife's the Kentuckian - I'm a transplanted limey! Been in the US for 21 years, KY for 10, but still have comprehension issues. :smile:

:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Sean - I have some Oly history too.

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Sean, a belated welcome from me! Thanks so much for taking the time to come in and give us an official introduction.:biggrin: