Hello from Jacksonville, FL USA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by tomoyubu, May 27, 2011.

1. tomoyubu

tomoyubu New to Mu-43

May 27, 2011
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to micro 43 cameras. I sold my Canon 5d mkii and a bunch of L lenses last December. I tried Leica M8 and still have it. Call me crazy, but I was not impressed with their system. Anyway, I found myself looking for a new camera and I was tired of carrying around heavy cameras and lenses. I researched and came across Panasonic GH2. I wanted to hold in my hand and play with GH2, but no stores had it. Then, when I was visiting my brother in Cleveland OH, I found one at DODD Camera store. I played with it and loved it. I almost bought it right then, but decided to wait.
    I then bought, GF2 at Bestbuy (was on sale for $499). I definitely liked it, but then I heard the rumor of G3, so I returned it. I was still wanting to get GH2, and that's when I ordered Japan version GH2 through Japanese website. Fortunately for me, I can read Japanese. I have the camera with 14-140 lens. I absolutely love the camera. Since then, I bought 7-14 and 100-300 lenses. I can't wait till get pancake lenses, and G3 or GF3 to be my second camera!!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Welcome! I hope you stick around and share some pictures you snap with that new camera!
  3. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard

Please share your photos.