1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello from Jacksonville, FL USA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by tomoyubu, May 27, 2011.

1. tomoyubu

tomoyubu New to Mu-43

May 27, 2011
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to micro 43 cameras. I sold my Canon 5d mkii and a bunch of L lenses last December. I tried Leica M8 and still have it. Call me crazy, but I was not impressed with their system. Anyway, I found myself looking for a new camera and I was tired of carrying around heavy cameras and lenses. I researched and came across Panasonic GH2. I wanted to hold in my hand and play with GH2, but no stores had it. Then, when I was visiting my brother in Cleveland OH, I found one at DODD Camera store. I played with it and loved it. I almost bought it right then, but decided to wait.
    I then bought, GF2 at Bestbuy (was on sale for $499). I definitely liked it, but then I heard the rumor of G3, so I returned it. I was still wanting to get GH2, and that's when I ordered Japan version GH2 through Japanese website. Fortunately for me, I can read Japanese. I have the camera with 14-140 lens. I absolutely love the camera. Since then, I bought 7-14 and 100-300 lenses. I can't wait till get pancake lenses, and G3 or GF3 to be my second camera!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    Welcome! I hope you stick around and share some pictures you snap with that new camera!

3. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard
    Welcome!

Please share your photos.

-Steve