Hello from Italy

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by alessandro, Jan 29, 2010.

1. alessandro

alessandro Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    Hi everyone,

I live not far from Venice, in the north-east of Italy.
    Started photographing many years ago, with what I had at home (well, a Leica M3 and a Rolleiflex...). I enjoyed going around doing what was not yet called street-photography (I didn't know), then bought an OM1 and made my b&n prints for some years.
    I still have my OM1 with 24, 50 and 100mm "primes". I don't have any more the digital Olympuses I had bought recently, cause I wanted "primes" and went Pentax. I'm waiting...
    But found this abandoned camera at my local shop: a (silly) guy bought and gave back almost immediately an E-P1 with a Pana 20mm attached.
    And I was there in the right moment, it's been a steal... :clapping:

I still do mainly "street", and print my b&n with a Black-Only modified Epson.
    Not very active in this moment, but the little gem is always "on" me, in a tiny purse. :dance3:

Have a good day
    • Like Like x 3
  2. sebastel

sebastel Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2010
    not your business
    ciao alessandro,
    and congrats to your "steal".
    btw, the OM1, 24/50/100 have been my set for a long time, too. i actually even bought it again recently.

have been to trentino last year. mmm, what a joy!
    i still miss the caffé espresso. it's just not the same here in germania.

enjoy this nice forum ...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi Alessandro, and welcome to the forum! :drinks:
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Alessandro, you have amazing good luck didn't you?! Good for you!:bravo-009:

Welcome and I hope to see some of your photographs in the near future, too.
  5. sinophilia

sinophilia Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2010
    Verona, Italy
    Ops I had missed this thread (and this section of the forum altogether)!

Welcome Alessandro, I live in Verona, I bet we're not very far from each other.
  6. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome Alessandro!
  7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Alessandro, welcome to this community.

Enjoy your weekend.

Kind regards, Herman
  8. hohoho

hohoho Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2010
    Benvenuto in mu-43.com! You have good stuff lying around at home, but more importantly you have good streets around you. Verona, Vicenza, Padova?

It's not "street", but one of my favorite photo books of Venice is Venezia: Il tempo e la memoria, by Giuseppe Bruno. I've just gone googling for him and found little but got diverted by someone called Piergiorgio Branzi, who seems to be somebody else worth investigating.
  9. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Wellcome Alessandro. Nice place, where you live :biggrin:I hope you post some pics soon of beautifull Venice, with your lucky bought
  10. kai.e.g.

kai.e.g. Mu-43 Regular

Tanti saluti da Budoia (vicino di Pordenone)!