Hello from Italy

alessandro

Mu-43 Regular
Hi everyone,

I live not far from Venice, in the north-east of Italy.
Started photographing many years ago, with what I had at home (well, a Leica M3 and a Rolleiflex...). I enjoyed going around doing what was not yet called street-photography (I didn't know), then bought an OM1 and made my b&n prints for some years.
I still have my OM1 with 24, 50 and 100mm "primes". I don't have any more the digital Olympuses I had bought recently, cause I wanted "primes" and went Pentax. I'm waiting...
But found this abandoned camera at my local shop: a (silly) guy bought and gave back almost immediately an E-P1 with a Pana 20mm attached.
And I was there in the right moment, it's been a steal... :clapping:

I still do mainly "street", and print my b&n with a Black-Only modified Epson.
Not very active in this moment, but the little gem is always "on" me, in a tiny purse. :dance3:

Have a good day
Alessandro

sebastel

Mu-43 Regular
ciao alessandro,
and congrats to your "steal".
btw, the OM1, 24/50/100 have been my set for a long time, too. i actually even bought it again recently.

have been to trentino last year. mmm, what a joy!
i still miss the caffé espresso. it's just not the same here in germania.

enjoy this nice forum ...
cheers,
sebastian

sinophilia

Mu-43 Regular
Ops I had missed this thread (and this section of the forum altogether)!

Welcome Alessandro, I live in Verona, I bet we're not very far from each other.

hohoho

Mu-43 Regular
I live not far from Venice, in the north-east of Italy.
Started photographing many years ago, with what I had at home (well, a Leica M3 and a Rolleiflex...). [...] I still do mainly "street", and print my b&n with a Black-Only modified Epson.
Benvenuto in mu-43.com! You have good stuff lying around at home, but more importantly you have good streets around you. Verona, Vicenza, Padova?

It's not "street", but one of my favorite photo books of Venice is Venezia: Il tempo e la memoria, by Giuseppe Bruno. I've just gone googling for him and found little but got diverted by someone called Piergiorgio Branzi, who seems to be somebody else worth investigating.

Enrique

Mu-43 Regular
Wellcome Alessandro. Nice place, where you live :biggrin:I hope you post some pics soon of beautifull Venice, with your lucky bought

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom