Hello from Israel

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Eyal, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Eyal

Eyal New to Mu-43

Mar 24, 2010
    Israel
    Hi to all,

Being a pocket P&S avid fan for years, I was loking for an interchangable lens camera that is both small and capable of decent results in low light.
    Attached is a sample of a picture taken with the Sony P100, at home with artificial light, ISO 400 (the max. allowed by the camera).
    Now you can see why there is a need for a better camera, especially for low light performance.
    by the way, this is my daughter.

My friends are serious into photography and own quite impressive gear (Canon 7D, Nikon D90...), but it is just too much for an entry-level like me.

The G1 cought my attention as soon as I laid my eyes on it - small (I guess you all hear it a lot), great kit lens, and has nice features (i.e.: vertical stabilizer for panning).
    Got the camera just a couple of days ago and still getting familiar with it - there are many things to learn.

I came acroos this site while searching for information about camera setup and was overwhelmed by the member's knowledge about photography.

Hope to keep you updated in the near future.

-Eyal

Attached Files:

2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Congratulations Eyal, and welcome to the home of m4/3rds... please make yourself at home :friends:

You now have an even more seriously useful camera than your friends :biggrin: you can take it along and use it every day... rather than keep it in a cupboard at home :rolleyes:

Cheers

Brian

Kind Regards

Brian

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome to out forum, Eyal!

5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

G'day Eyal from Australia. Great to see so many different camera loving people from all across the world converging in this wonderful sight. I'm glad you found it.

What lenses do you have. I have the GF1 and the 20, 14-45 and the 45-200. Probably out of the three i enjoy the size and looks of the 14-45mm. Suits the GF1 so well.

I took the sunset this afternoon and i'm about to see what it will turn out in HDR. See you later.....

icon

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Welcome Eyal and congratulations on making the move to the G1! My guess is that Brian is right about your using this camera a great deal more on an everyday basis than your friends with larger formats.

Your daughter is lovely and there's something about the light and composition here that reminds me of a Vermeer painting. Yes, that is exactly who and what I thought of as soon as I saw this portrait.

Keep taking those photographs and perhaps at you'll consider joining us in one or two of our ongoing projects here - The Image Quest and the Photograph A Day Project?

Here is a link to the current image quest challenge: https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=1697 and this will give you an overview of the P.A.D. project: https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=1596&highlight=Photo

Again, welcome Eyal.:smile:

7. Eyal

Eyal New to Mu-43

Mar 24, 2010
    Israel
    Thank you all for the warn welcome

Right now, I plan to stick to the 14-45 lens that came along with the camera.
    Next step? I guess it would be a macro lens.
    The only thing I am missing (except for the option to put the camera in my pocket) is the ability to take macro shots.
    Attached is a sample of a macro shot taken by the Sony P100 (again).
    I hope that the next photos would be from the G1.

Attached Files:

8. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Eyal, you made it to the right place !
    G1 is a wonderful camera, congrats on it !

9. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Eyal¬°¬°:smile: