1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Ireland

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by GingerCat, Apr 16, 2011.

1. GingerCat

GingerCat Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2011
    Hi : )

I'm looking at downsizing from a Canon 30D to the E-PL2, and needed to find a replacement for my favourite photography forum too, as it's a Canon one. Hopefully I'll be up and running and able to post pics in a couple of weeks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. kytra

kytra Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    welcome.

I have used Pentax and Nikon DSLR's before trying m43 :) These little gems are really something and the portability factor coupled with the excellent implementation of MF usage make up plentifully for the disadvantages of the smaller sensor.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day and welcome here. I'm don't want to skite but this forum is the best you can find. This is home, come in and make yourself comfortable.

see ya 'round,
    oo-roo

icon

• Like Like x 1
  4. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    Welcome from another new member. I also wanted to downsize after shooting Nikon film and digital cameras along with Hasselblad. I went with the E-PL2 and so far just love it. Today is my first try using it at a wedding. It will be my backup to start. I will post photos soon. I think you cannot go wrong with the Olympus or Panasonic cameras.

Randy

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome GingerCat - you've found the friendliest Micro 4/3 forum so stick around.

6. Hi GingerCat, welcome to the forum. Everything you need to know about Micro 4/3 and much, much more is right here. Glad to have you on board.

7. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hello Gingercat,

Well,the above posts tell you what you need to know. Hang out and have fun. Then, post some photos!

Welcome aboard...

Cheers from New England, Alan

8. GingerCat

GingerCat Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2011
    I just had to update this and say that my E-PL2 and lenses arrived.

YAY!

So I've been chasing the poor baby around all morning with the pancake. Crikey, that's a nice piece of glass : )

It's good to have a camera again, and the dinkiness of it compared to my old kit is just what I wanted.

I'm very happy today : )

• Like Like x 1