Hello from Indonesia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by yusufsupardi, Aug 22, 2010.

1. yusufsupardi

yusufsupardi New to Mu-43

Aug 22, 2010
    Hai, my name is Yusuf, I live in Indonesia. I know this forum from the result of googling for mu4/3 lenses. So I thought, hei, this is nice to join a forum specially for the mu4/3. I've already owned an EP-1 for about a year now. Currently I'm in the process of searching a wide lens for it. Hope this forum can help me for it. Nice to know you all.
    Yusuf

2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi Yusuf and welcome to the site. There has been plenty posted here over the months on all sorts of lenses, I hope you are able to sort out those that might suit you from the information people have posted.

Barrie

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello Yusuf and welcome here !

4. yusufsupardi

Aug 22, 2010
    hello grebeman, nice to meet you. I've been reading around for a while, but still can't find what I need to know. Maybe you can give some direction or info. I wanna know, whether a Panasonic m4/3 lens (specially the Panasonic Lumix G-vario 7-14mm ASPH) is fully compatible with my EP-1. Or it's only partially compatible. Can you help?
    Yusuf

5. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    I tend to use old type lenses and avoid the newer zooms, but that's just my personal preference, so I'm not the best person to ask, but as far as I know all m4/3 lenses are compatible with all m4/3 cameras since that is the idea behind having a standard that equipment is designed to, but please confirm that from a better source before you make any commitments.

Barrie

• Like Like x 2
  6. yusufsupardi

Aug 22, 2010
    hello too Herman. Nice to meet you. Nice HD you have :smile:
    Yusuf

7. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Dear Yusuf,

Barrie is right, m43 lenses Olympus and Panasonic are compatible with each others camera's.

But there are differences:
    - Many of Panasonic lenses have stabilization build into the lens
    - Olympus does have it build into the camera

So Panasonic lens with Olympus camera will only give you the choice with stabilization to use. Where Olympus lens with Panasonic camere you will for sure have no stabilization.
    - Still they are compatable, it just impact the shutter speed you can use hand-hold (if that is your limiting factor for the picture).

On top of that, some in-body corrections are only applied to JPG with lenses of same brand as camera. But with RAW you can do an ever better job yourself during post processing. And if you don't do post-processing, then I doubt you will see the differences either way (my personal opinion).

But read, post questions in the read thread and you will be able to make up your mind on this forum for sure.

Best regards,

Joep

• Like Like x 2