Hello from Hosur, India.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by sanjeevkumarsr, Nov 24, 2013.

1. sanjeevkumarsr

sanjeevkumarsr New to Mu-43

Nov 2, 2012
    Hosur, India
    Sanjeev Kumar S R
    My name is Sanjeev Kumar and I am from Hosur a small town in Tamil Nadu, India. I came across mu-43.com about a year ago when I was researching mirrorless cameras.

I photograph wildlife in the forests around my town. Mainly elephants, which are in a spot of trouble and in need of conservation. I am also part of a not for profit organization (www.kans.org.in) which works for conservation in these parts.

I used a Nikon set up with 80-400 zoom lens and 10-20 wide angle zoom. After some time, I started feeling weighed down by all the gear I was carrying and many times, I missed important opportunities because I was not carrying my huge camera. A couple of close calls with elephants convinced me to look for lighter alternatives.

I chose Panasonic GH2 with Lumix 14140 and Lumix 100300 lenses. The change made sure that I did not hesitate to carry my camera, and I could now shoot wonderful HD videos which is creating a great impact in my conservation activity.

I am an engineer and machinist by profession.
    Warm regards
    • Like Like x 3
  2. 少林chris

少林chris Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2013
    Los Angeles / Copenhagen
    Welcome onboard! I'm excited to see your pictures of elephants!
  3. bipinsnair

bipinsnair Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Herndon, VA
    Bipin Nair
    Welcome Sanjeev...looking forward to see your pictures :)
  4. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Welcome Sanjeev! I hope to see a lot of photographs of your beautiful country.
    Portland, Oregon USA
  5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Sanjeev, welcome to the forum!