Hello from Hosur, India.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by sanjeevkumarsr, Nov 24, 2013.

1. sanjeevkumarsr

sanjeevkumarsr New to Mu-43

Nov 2, 2012
    Hosur, India
    Sanjeev Kumar S R
    Hello!
    My name is Sanjeev Kumar and I am from Hosur a small town in Tamil Nadu, India. I came across mu-43.com about a year ago when I was researching mirrorless cameras.

I photograph wildlife in the forests around my town. Mainly elephants, which are in a spot of trouble and in need of conservation. I am also part of a not for profit organization (www.kans.org.in) which works for conservation in these parts.

I used a Nikon set up with 80-400 zoom lens and 10-20 wide angle zoom. After some time, I started feeling weighed down by all the gear I was carrying and many times, I missed important opportunities because I was not carrying my huge camera. A couple of close calls with elephants convinced me to look for lighter alternatives.

I chose Panasonic GH2 with Lumix 14140 and Lumix 100300 lenses. The change made sure that I did not hesitate to carry my camera, and I could now shoot wonderful HD videos which is creating a great impact in my conservation activity.

I am an engineer and machinist by profession.
    Warm regards
    Sanjeev

• Like Like x 3
  2. 少林chris

少林chris Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2013
    Los Angeles / Copenhagen
    Chris
    Welcome onboard! I'm excited to see your pictures of elephants!

3. bipinsnair

bipinsnair Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Herndon, VA
    Bipin Nair
    Welcome Sanjeev...looking forward to see your pictures :)

4. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Welcome Sanjeev! I hope to see a lot of photographs of your beautiful country.
    Dan
    Portland, Oregon USA

5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Sanjeev, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

Jim