Hello from Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by thinknshoot, Nov 3, 2012.

1. thinknshoot

thinknshoot Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 2, 2012
    Hong Kong
    I used to be a casual in taking pictures... until the day my little princess arrived...

I found that my old DC couldn't capture her movements fast enough for most of the time so I need to find a better equipment. I couldn't afford to loose the precious moments!

There I found the OM-D 6 months ago and since then i am addicted not only to shooting my daughter and also to shooting something else!

So hello everyone. Let's share some images and have fun.
  2. tuanies

tuanies Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 13, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Tuan Huynh
    Congrats, be sure to post pics of your daughter! I think a lot of us on here are parents (myself included) and went M43 for the portability and quality.
  3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Welcome. I think you'll find this a friendly, informative place. I fully understand why shooting with the E-M5 makes you want to shoot more. I find shooting with it easy and intuitive, and the two dials at the top make it a sweet shooter. The quality is superb (never mind what's better or worse; good is good). It was a big step forward for Olympus.

I should warn you, though; reading people talk about their brand new lenses, etc. and seeing images they make, will give you a good case of gear acquisition syndrome (GAS), and you'll end up with a big "want" list. It's fun, though, and one can learn a lot listening to people talk about their favorite gear.

Mostly, though, welcome. Share some of your pictures with us.
  4. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Welcome to the forum!