1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by mtlshop, Feb 21, 2010.

1. mtlshop

mtlshop New to Mu-43

Feb 21, 2010
    Hi there,
    I recently moved to HK. I'm originally from Montreal, Canada. I'm a beginner and couldn't resist the ads all over asia for the Olympus Pen. I didn't want a black camera so I went with the EP-1 white (14-42mm kit).

Seeing how much I wanted the Pancake lens from Panasonic, I've decided to get the GF-1 soon.

Nice to meet all of you.

Jason

• Like Like x 4
  2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello Jason, and welcome to our m4/3rds community... I think the E-P1 + 14-42, with the 17mm or 20mm pancake makes a fantastically capable kit.

You may find these quick start videos of interest - please feel free to post any comments / questions there too!

What took you to Hong Kong? It would be great to see that part of the world through your lens, please do use the Gallery space.

Cheers

Brian

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome mtlshop also known as Jason! That 20mm Panasonic lens works really wonderfully with the E-P, so don't rush out and buy another camera...unless of course you want to.:biggrin:

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Jason to this great community.

Kind regards, Herman

6. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome Jason!

7. SimplyEd

SimplyEd Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    Philippines
    jason.... your on the right place to test each and every m43 inventions such as different adaptors, wireless cable release etc..... hongkong.. land of asian ebay...

8. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Jason. EP1/2 14-42 and 20mm 1.7 pana, is the combination that I choose¡¡.I´m happy with it :smile: