Hello from Greensboro, NC

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by taylorgso, Aug 14, 2010.

1. taylorgso

taylorgso New to Mu-43

Aug 14, 2010
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Hello all. I've been following the forum past few days. Just ordered an E-P2, and the email says it's on it's way! So I'll be watching and reading intently after the E-P2 arrives, probably with lots of questions. Sadly, had to order this mail order - no local dealers have this camera, which I chose over the E-PL1 based mostly on what I've read on the forum concerning build quality. Shot film mostly until about 4 years ago when I picked up a Canon DSLR - I've enjoyed that piece, but the M4/3 appeals to me for size and weight. My daughter lives in Germany, and we travel to be with her often, and I'm getting tired of lugging a heavier unit around... wanted something I could carry in a belt pouch. So I'm looking forward to the new unit.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    You'll love the Pen 2. What kit did ya order?
    Post some photos when ya get the new camera....
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Glad to have you here, taylorgso and please promise to let us know when your E-P2 arrives!
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome here !
  5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  6. taylorgso

taylorgso New to Mu-43

Aug 14, 2010
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Ordered the 14-42 w/o EVF. Decided would spend the difference on a flash, and ordered the FL-36R. Retired, have to wait for monthly welfare check (SS) next month and will start adding accessories - probably the pancake lensk then the EVF. I guess I'll wait until I have the unit in hand and start shooting before I prioritize. Also thinking of an adapter to use my Canon lenses, but that defeats the whole idea of reducing size and weight. I just check UPS tracking, and the unit is here in Greensboro, but they are showing expected delivery date of Tuesday!!!! Darn it... at my age, I can't afford to wait too long!!!