Hello from Germany

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by brina, Sep 25, 2011.

1. brina

brina New to Mu-43

Sep 25, 2011
    Hello everybody,

I bought a m43 camera 2 months ago and have been reading along this forum ever since. I have been finding it incredibly helpful to get started - so many thanks for sharing all these experiences!

Here is how I ended up with a m43 camera: I have been looking for a light weight handbag sized :) camera a long lime already. Basically, the idea was to find something to carry with me and not miss my nikon DSLR too much. However, while I like decent camera gear, I am not too much into following all the tech talk that's out there. Thus the presence of m43 did not really occur to me ... until I came across a GF3 commercial. Intrigued by the system I visited a local camera shop and ended up buying a GF2 ("stepping down" from DSLR, I could not see myself with a camera without hot shoe).

Meanwhile, in terms of photography, the GF2 has evolved to actually being a step up from DSLR. As "the best camera is the one you have with you" and I take that little thing almost wherever I go.. it is quite obviously the best camera I ever had!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stephen Geis

Stephen Geis Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Welcome to the forum Brina - If you're anything like the other members on this site, you will have thousands of photos with your new m43 gear in no time ... looking forward to seeing some of those posted here!
  3. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Grüss' Dich Brina!

You made a good choice, similar to me. My Nikon bag hurts my back therefore an Oly E-P2 plus some lenses in this cute little brown leather bag is all I need for holidays and city trips.
    The forum here is a very nice international place to 'live' photography without having (too much) fanboys or girls.....:rolleyes:
  4. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands

Hello and welcome, I'm sure you'll like it here. Have fun with your µ4/3 gear!
  5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum, Brina!
  6. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Grüetzi Brina!

This is a great forum, for those moving "down" or "up" or "sideways"

7. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day to you Brina. I have just left the beautiful city of Berlin this morning on my holiday. (love the germans!)

Gutentaag (is that how you say it:)