1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Georgia (USA)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Toddster, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Florida
    Todd Cleaver
    Hello everyone. After months of lurking I finally took the plunge and ordered some MFT equipment. I have been interested in moving up from ‘bridge” cameras since the advent of FT. With the current price of MFT equipment and my Lumix FZ50 getting a little long in the tooth this just seems like the right time.

As I mentioned I have been reading in this forum for some time and the advice and opinions of folks here has been very helpful in the decisions that I have made. I’m certain I will have questions and I will certainly be turning here for advice.

The majority of my photography is family snapshot oriented. I do some scenic work that I like but I’ve never had the confidence in my work to post online though my family says I should. As I learn this equipment I will try and get over that reservation as this seems to be a very positive helpful community. I’m looking forward to both this change in equipment and the support of this community.

Technical details:
    Two G5 bodies (the price is just insane for this level of equipment)
    • P Kit 14-42 3.5-5.6
    • P 45-200 4.5-5.6
    • Phoenix 500 mirror 8.0 legacy

I shoot jpeg only. IF I do any post processing it is limited to adding a little saturation, contrast and sharpening. With the G5’s I plan to boost the in camera saturation and sharpening a bit to keep the PP to a minimum. I don’t have PS so any PP is done in IrfanView, Paint.net, PhotoScape or at the moment I’m Beta testing Perfectly Clear Desktop. I’m always open to suggestions for a SIMPLE workflow; for me PP is not an enjoyable part of the hobby.

Thanks for reading; I hope to get to know most of you.
    Todd

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Todd,

Welcome aboard!

Regards,

Jim

3. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Florida
    Todd Cleaver
    Thanks for the welcome Jim!

4. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Welcome Jim. Glad you are no longer lurking. You have quite a range there from 14-500mm.

I too upgraded having gone through a long of FZs beginning with FZ3 which had an amazing f/2.8 through the entire 345mm focal range.

-Chrome

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group!

6. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Florida
    Todd Cleaver
    Thanks Chrome,
    The Fz50 served me well and I have to admit that I was very tempted by the newest fz with that fast lens at the full range of zoom. I just couldn't' resist the price and size combination available in mf3 though so I took the plunge. To think that I have the range that you mentioned and it all fits in a small bag is just astounding.

I noticed your location. I was born and raised a Hoosier, in central Indiana. loved it then but I sure don't miss the long winters.

Todd

7. audiodrive

audiodrive Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Prairies
    jef
    Welcome to the forum!