Hello from frosty Vermont USA

pana-animalartist

Mu-43 Regular
Greetings!

Glad I found this forum- looks like a lively and active group.

I'm an aspiring bird/nature photographer, and have been using a Canon 50D with various lenses, 300L being the longest. I have trouble carrying this set-up around, and wanted to get something high quality but lightweight and portable. I was pretty happy to find the Panasonic GH1, which I now own, along with the 45-200 and 14-140 lenses. I'm quite happy with this camera, but haven't really explored all it's capabilities. I'm very interested in the 100-300 lens for birds, but still thinking about it. (And looking for a way to afford it!).

I'm also a moderator for the Photo and Digital Art forum on the Naturescapes website. There has been some discussion on Naturescapes about these cameras as well.

So I look forward to chatting with you all and seeing your work.

Cynthia

Burkey

Mu-43 Regular
Welcome to a fellow "Veeminter". It was a balmy -18 in the NEK this morning so "frosty Vermont" is fully understood. Again, welcome. This is a great forum with a bunch of really talented photgraphers all ready to give a hand in "four-thirds-land". Visit often.
. . . Burkey

Fiddler

Mu-43 Veteran
Welcome Cynthia, and Hello from Scotland :smile: It's great that you have chosen to join us. I'll be very interested to hear your reports on how you get on with your nature photography using m43. It's certainly easier to carry around m43 equipment! I have been using this format for about six months, and it's become my favourite. You've chosen a very nice camera, and I hope it serves you well :smile: And thanks for the info about your group.

All the best,

Colin

jalex

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jane
Welcome to the group, Cynthia! Look forward to seeing your work posted here :)

pana-animalartist

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the welcome! You got me beat in the minus degrees there....though we'll see tomorrow AM... :wink:

Welcome to a fellow "Veeminter". It was a balmy -18 in the NEK this morning so "frosty Vermont" is fully understood. Again, welcome. This is a great forum with a bunch of really talented photgraphers all ready to give a hand in "four-thirds-land". Visit often.
. . . Burkey

pana-animalartist

Mu-43 Regular
Hello Colin from Scotland. Thanks for the nice welcome! Are you a "fiddler", as in "violin"? Love Scottish music-I play the small harp...
And yes, I find my Panny very portable for longish hikes. Although I don't always get a get great bird photo, I often get an identifiable one, so I can add it to my birding list.

Would love to see Scotland some day.....

Welcome Cynthia, and Hello from Scotland :smile: It's great that you have chosen to join us. I'll be very interested to hear your reports on how you get on with your nature photography using m43. It's certainly easier to carry around m43 equipment! I have been using this format for about six months, and it's become my favourite. You've chosen a very nice camera, and I hope it serves you well :smile: And thanks for the info about your group.

All the best,

Colin

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This is the time of the year I don't miss living in the Northeast Kingdom. Welcome!

Latest threads

Top Bottom