1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from frosty Vermont USA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by pana-animalartist, Jan 17, 2011.

1. pana-animalartist

pana-animalartist Mu-43 Regular

Jan 17, 2011
    Northeast USA
    Greetings!

Glad I found this forum- looks like a lively and active group.

I'm an aspiring bird/nature photographer, and have been using a Canon 50D with various lenses, 300L being the longest. I have trouble carrying this set-up around, and wanted to get something high quality but lightweight and portable. I was pretty happy to find the Panasonic GH1, which I now own, along with the 45-200 and 14-140 lenses. I'm quite happy with this camera, but haven't really explored all it's capabilities. I'm very interested in the 100-300 lens for birds, but still thinking about it. (And looking for a way to afford it!).

I'm also a moderator for the Photo and Digital Art forum on the Naturescapes website. There has been some discussion on Naturescapes about these cameras as well.

So I look forward to chatting with you all and seeing your work.

Cynthia

• Like Like x 6
  2. Burkey

Burkey Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2010
    Northern New England
    Welcome to a fellow "Veeminter". It was a balmy -18 in the NEK this morning so "frosty Vermont" is fully understood. Again, welcome. This is a great forum with a bunch of really talented photgraphers all ready to give a hand in "four-thirds-land". Visit often.
    . . . Burkey

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Cynthia, and Hello from Scotland :smile: It's great that you have chosen to join us. I'll be very interested to hear your reports on how you get on with your nature photography using m43. It's certainly easier to carry around m43 equipment! I have been using this format for about six months, and it's become my favourite. You've chosen a very nice camera, and I hope it serves you well :smile: And thanks for the info about your group.

All the best,

Colin

4. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    Welcome to the group, Cynthia! Look forward to seeing your work posted here :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome aboard....

From not so warm Mass....

• Like Like x 1
  6. vintageslrs

vintageslrs Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Welcome from Frosty New Hampshire!

Enjoy the forum!

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  7. pana-animalartist

Jan 17, 2011
    Northeast USA
    Thanks for the welcome! You got me beat in the minus degrees there....though we'll see tomorrow AM... :wink:

8. pana-animalartist

Jan 17, 2011
    Northeast USA
    Hello Colin from Scotland. Thanks for the nice welcome! Are you a "fiddler", as in "violin"? Love Scottish music-I play the small harp...
    And yes, I find my Panny very portable for longish hikes. Although I don't always get a get great bird photo, I often get an identifiable one, so I can add it to my birding list.

Would love to see Scotland some day.....

9. pana-animalartist

Jan 17, 2011
    Northeast USA
    Thank you, Jane. I'll post something as soon as I figure out how and where. :smile:

10. pana-animalartist

Jan 17, 2011
    Northeast USA
    Thanks! I guess all of New England is pretty cool! :wink: Looks like snow tomorrow...

11. pana-animalartist

Jan 17, 2011
    Northeast USA
    Thanks, BOb. Nice to hear from another frozen New Englander. :biggrin:

12. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Cynthia from sunny Oz - 36 degrees here and that's Celcius.

13. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad you stopped in here, Cynthia! I've seen you around the forum but it's always good to make an introduction.:thumbup:

Here is the how to section: FAQ and from there you can use the link about Posting Images or Using the Gallery. :flowers_2:

14. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    :drinks::clapping::drinks::clapping::drinks:
    :clapping::drinks::clapping::drinks::clapping:

Hi from Maine

15. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    This is the time of the year I don't miss living in the Northeast Kingdom. Welcome!