Hello From Frisco, TX

zman m4/3

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi to all. I am the new owner of an Olympus E-PL1 and looking forward to some great photos with it. Most of my past life has been P&S with a Canon Digital Rebel entry model mixed in at the end. That was too bulky but I enjoyed having different lenses and the creative aspect of the DSLR.

Stumbled on the Micro 4/3 at Amazon and decided to take the plunge. Sold my Canon and here I am. Currently have the E-PL1, Pana 20mm f/1.7 and two old OM lenses (50mm f/1.8 & 135mm f/3.5).

Next on the list is the EVF (can't find it in stock anywhere) and the Pana 7-14mm. Haven't had much luck with manual focus using the LCD screen. I'm hoping I'll have better results with the EVF.

Anyway, looking forward to becoming a part of the forum. Thanks for giving us a space to learn more about these cameras.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Yes, Zman - welcome. The EVF is great. There are quite a few people who've posted about its plusses for manual focussing.

You're not the only one from The Lone Star State in here, and I'm sure you'll meet several in good time.:biggrin: Thanks for stopping in right away and introducing yourself, too.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Welcome zman, the EVF makes all the difference for manual focusing the E-PL1... good luck finding one soon.

Cheers

Brian

Latest threads

Top Bottom