Hello from Finland!

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Ok, that is the second best place to live in Finland after Rauma. :p I think @pake lives in Turku too. I live in Tuusula nowadays but I'm from Rauma.
Close enough: I used to live in Turku. I spent 5 years there and loved it. Now I'm living in Tampere region (near the border of Tampere and Lempäälä and unfortunately just a mile or two on the wrong side which makes me a Lempäälä resident now).

Jali

Mu-43 Regular
Ok, that is the second best place to live in Finland after Rauma. :p I think @pake lives in Turku too. I live in Tuusula nowadays but I'm from Rauma.
Best place for me :biggrin: If I move somewhere from here it's not going to be in Finland anymore. I have never even been in Rauma :blush:

Another Finn! We're slowly taking over this place... :biggrin: Anyway, welcome!

Primes? A hassle? Yes. That's why I own ~dozen of lenses and the zooms are the ones I keep coming back to. My 60mm is pretty much the only prime I use and the keyword for using it is macro. I bought the spectacular 75mm lens maybe 6 months ago and the number of images I've taken with it is close to dozen or two. Which is sad really...

12-40mm too big? After using my Lumix GX850 with the tiny 12-32mm my E-M5 + 12-40mm may feel a bit big'n'heavy but as I take the first shot with the combo again the feeling is gone. And if it still feels big just think about the IQ it delivers and then the size/weight is all forgotten. :)
Thank you! There's not really any active forum in Finland and this seems really good so I joined.

I have been mostly using my kit zoom now even when I have P20mm prime. It's just more flexible for me and faster to use in general shooting. I might add some primes later if I feel like there is some specific focal length I use a lot. I'm not overly into macro, so there I not even need for that at least this moment. That's my fear also if I buy some expensive prime lens and then it is left unused because I choose to use zoom over it.

And actually yesterday when I was walking in Ruissalo I kinda felt like my pancake lens is even too small. I would like to hold my camera with 2 hands and it feels better to keep one hand on the lens and one on the camera body. It's not really possible with pancake lenses. And even my small P35-100mm feels a bit narrow for that kind of grip.

Jali

Mu-43 Regular
I picked up my O12-40 today and damn it feels nice :biggrin:. I expected alot from it beforehand and I was a little worried that it's not going to meet my expectations, but it did and actually went even over it. I didn't have time today to properly take it out but I tested it at my home for a while and it feels like using something totally different than my old system :biggrin:. I'm not going to do any pixel peeping tests with it because I don't really care about that stuff. But what hit me most is the speed it autofocuses and build quality. After just having plastic lenses it really feels like something else.

And about the size. At least for now it feels like just the perfect size. With this I can now properly hold my other hand on the lens to stabilize when I'm shooting. It feels a little bit odd to carry on my hand by holding from the body because it's so front heavy now. But I figured out that I will be carrying it by holding the lens. And it feels like holding a beer can so It's familiar :laugh1:

I bought it just at the right time because it feels like summer is finally starting here in cold Finland too :yahoo:

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
I bought it just at the right time because it feels like summer is finally starting here in cold Finland too :yahoo:
Congratz on the new lens! My 12-40mm is on my E-M5 90% of the time. And yes, it's getting nice and warm here but it makes me wonder... Is this the summer that never came last year or could this be the summer of 2018? And if so, where did the summer of last year go? We only had one warm day last year. :hmmm: Anyway... Let's hope it doesn't rain every single day.

Jali

Mu-43 Regular
Congratz on the new lens! My 12-40mm is on my E-M5 90% of the time. And yes, it's getting nice and warm here but it makes me wonder... Is this the summer that never came last year or could this be the summer of 2018? And if so, where did the summer of last year go? We only had one warm day last year. :hmmm: Anyway... Let's hope it doesn't rain every single day.
I've heard too that people who own it, also uses it most and I can see that now why :biggrin: Last summer was horrible. Now with these two warm weeks there are already more good days than last year had in total :doh: Now I just need to find some time to go outside.

Vivalo

Olympus loser
I've heard too that people who own it, also uses it most and I can see that now why :biggrin: Last summer was horrible. Now with these two warm weeks there are already more good days than last year had in total :doh: Now I just need to find some time to go outside.
If I recall right, last year the summer in Finland was on a tuesday. :hmmm:

Jali

Mu-43 Regular
If I recall right, last year the summer in Finland was on a tuesday. :hmmm:
Sad part is that this joke is not actually even far from truth :biggrin: I think there has been more summer days already this year than last year in total.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom