Hello from Finland!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kulkuri, Mar 1, 2013.

1. kulkuri

kulkuri New to Mu-43

Feb 26, 2013
    Helsinki, Finland
    Hi everyone, in Helsinki the winter still going strong even though we've had some very nice and sunny days during the last week! I'm new on this forum:) First of all I'd like to say there are some very talented people over here and I am delighted to see the amount of enthusiasm and joy about photography! I think I have a lot to learn about all the facts concerning MFT cameras and lenses, and so on...

I just bought my first MFT camera, the Olympus OM-D E-M5, a week ago. Olympus designed a very good looking camera there :smile: I also purchased the 45/1.8 and am planning to have the 20/1.7 as well (I've seen a couple of them for sale on local camera forums at around 250-270 euros). And some day, the 75/1.8. That bokeh! :tongue:

I don't know if "my story" is usual here, but after years of heavy use of the Nikon D700+D300/D7000 plus some heavy lenses like the 70-200VR, 24-70 and some primes, I kind of became tired of lugging around with that heavy backpack. But I'm still not ready to sell all of my Nikon equipment because, frankly, there are situations where a fast full frame DSLR is still needed.

Anyway, I think the MFT system is almost perfect for what I enjoy doing (street, family, general non-formal shooting and of course now I don't have to make a project every time I go outside :) The camera and lenses are lightweight, and the most important thing, the image quality, is simply fantastic...:thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Tervetuloa kulkuri!

Nice to see more finnish photo enthusiasts here. I've noticed that in finnish camera forums people just talk about sensor size and ISO output and how other gear is better than other. You know, the dpreview forum style. Here it is all about trouble shooting and photo shooting. And positive mindset!

3. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Welcome! My Finnish colleagues only taught me to say "2 beers, 2 schnaps", so I can't say 'Welcome' in Finnish :)

Enjoy this forum, so much more helpful and polite than others.
  4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Welcome to the forum. The OM-D is a little jewell of a camera.

5. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Tervetuloa! Alkaa meitä suomalaisia olla ihan mukavasti täälläkin... ;)

You couldn't have found a better forum to discuss m4/3 stuff. I'm sure you'll enjoy this place.
  6. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs

I have not been here long myself really but this is a very friendly place. I soured on forums awhile back but this one drew me back in.

I'm one of those who sold their DSLR gear and bought entirely into micro four thirds... although I do still have quite a bit of film gear that I never use anymore, lol.
  7. cherrywood

cherrywood Mu-43 Regular

Dec 17, 2010
    Howdy, Kulkuri, I am from Minnesota org and we have a lot of former finlander's there, and yes its cold up there also.

Glad to have you here, enjoy you Omd and Mu43 site, please show us some photos from your hometown!
  8. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome aboard!

9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome! Lots of folks here with two camera systems. Some end up selling the heavier gear, some stick with both. Enjoy your :43: gear.