1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from Finland

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Vihta, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Vihta

Vihta ...

Aug 7, 2012
    Hello everyone!

I guess this is a common story these days. I put all my Nikon gear for sale yesterday and I'm gonna switch to an OM-D to make my gear smaller and lighter to lug around.

I have focal lengths from 12 to 600 mm with Nikon and my backpack weights over 20 kg with tripod strapped on it... Over the years I have noticed that I miss a lot of photo opportunities because I was just lazy to carry around my gear. Hopefully this will change now. :) 

Maybe in a week or so I can shoot my first frames with OM-D. It's interesting to see how I like it. It sure feels nice to handle in the stores.

A few words about myself if someones is interested to know. My real name is Kim and I live in Helsinki, Finland. I've done "serious" photography since the 90's and I shoot mostly landscapes or more specifically seascapes. With the light and small OM-D I'm hoping to also start a bit with street photography which I have avoided with my current f/2.8 zooms as they feel too big and intrusive.

Anyway it's nice to be around here now. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Welcome aboard Vihta.

3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum, Kim! Best of luck with your new camera and I look forward to seeing some images.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! The :43: system has some nice, fast primes that are great for street shooting. Enjoy!

5. Vihta

Vihta ...

Aug 7, 2012
    So now it's done. I just walked home with OM-D, grip, Panny 7-14, 12-35 and a new nice and light carbon tripod and head.

My fiancée doesn't know about this yet. I might not wake up tomorrow morning.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Ouch!:rofl:

7. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    What an excellent start and you definitely are a brave guy ;-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.