Hello from Finland

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Vihta, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Vihta

Vihta ...

Aug 7, 2012
    Hello everyone!

I guess this is a common story these days. I put all my Nikon gear for sale yesterday and I'm gonna switch to an OM-D to make my gear smaller and lighter to lug around.

I have focal lengths from 12 to 600 mm with Nikon and my backpack weights over 20 kg with tripod strapped on it... Over the years I have noticed that I miss a lot of photo opportunities because I was just lazy to carry around my gear. Hopefully this will change now. :)

Maybe in a week or so I can shoot my first frames with OM-D. It's interesting to see how I like it. It sure feels nice to handle in the stores.

A few words about myself if someones is interested to know. My real name is Kim and I live in Helsinki, Finland. I've done "serious" photography since the 90's and I shoot mostly landscapes or more specifically seascapes. With the light and small OM-D I'm hoping to also start a bit with street photography which I have avoided with my current f/2.8 zooms as they feel too big and intrusive.

Anyway it's nice to be around here now. :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Welcome aboard Vihta.

3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum, Kim! Best of luck with your new camera and I look forward to seeing some images.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! The :43: system has some nice, fast primes that are great for street shooting. Enjoy!

5. Vihta

Vihta ...

Aug 7, 2012
    So now it's done. I just walked home with OM-D, grip, Panny 7-14, 12-35 and a new nice and light carbon tripod and head.

My fiancée doesn't know about this yet. I might not wake up tomorrow morning.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Ouch!:rofl:

7. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    What an excellent start and you definitely are a brave guy ;-)