Hello from England

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by sheepsteeth, Feb 7, 2011.

1. sheepsteeth

sheepsteeth Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2010
    Kent, UK
    Hi,

Im dan, a soldier living down in sunny Kent.

I recently bought an E-pl1 and currently have the kit zoom which seems pretty good to my unknowing eye!

this is my first serious camera and im really enjoying it. tomorrow, I will be off to pick up a couple of photography books i ordered recently and hopefully i can figure out what's what!

• Like Like x 5
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Dan, welcome - that's quite a forum name: sheepsteeth!:biggrin:

Congratulations upon your E-PL1! It's a great camera and there are many members who share your camera choice.

Please make yourself at home and be sure to check out the Olympus forum for some very helpful threads regarding the E-PL1 and the Image Works forum, as well.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Dan, and Hello from the Caledonian Sleeper train. I'm on my way to London with my Pany GF1. I think you'll get some great photos from your new camera - it's known for producing nice jpegs.

All the.best,

Colin

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome aboard Dan!

Nice to have you here, and I look forward to seeing some of your photography.
    This is a great resource, with some very patient and helpful folks. You'll enjoy it here.

Welcome, from New England!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Dan, Thank You For Your Service.

Welcome aboard. If I can help with anything, please let me know.
    Thanks for joining up.....
    Don

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Dan - enjoy your new gear.

7. GregU

GregU Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Dan,

Welcome aboard. I, too, have the E-Pl1. You are really going to like this camera. I think you will find that it is an excellent platform to learn on, and it is very forgiving.

I look forward to seeing some of your photos.

Greg U

8. gracefruit

gracefruit Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2010
    central scotland
    Hi Dan. Epl-1 user in Scotland here. Welcome!

9. DarrenG

DarrenG Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2011
    Hampshire, UK
    Hi Dan, Welcome from another an ex-soldier and recent M4/3 convert .

10. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
  11. sheepsteeth

sheepsteeth Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2010
    Kent, UK
    thanks for the welcomes guys, i promise some photos will be forth oming but i must confess, everyone else here seems to know what they are doing so i may well be doing some practice first!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Don't worry, it's all smoke and mirrors.:wink:

Seriously, we're all always learning and that's part of what makes it so enjoyable. I'd be happy to show you my first serious digital camera photo - I didn't even realize I could control the WB or better yet put it on Auto.:biggrin:

Please don't hold back and do check out the Image Works forum - it's great.:thumbup:

13. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    congrats, you have a fine camera and welcome.

14. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Welcome to m43 Dan. As I'm sure you know, there's lots of scenic stuff in Kent to photograph - I was a student there 25 years or so ago.

15. Welcome from the currentlt frozen lands of North Dallas, Texas.

Years ago I frequently visited Liam's site: Liam’s Pictures from Old Books

I always wondered if the buildings in those woodcut pictures are still standing. Wish I were there to do a photo safari. My UK experience is limited to winter/spring 1955 at Sturgate, Skegness, London and a fly-in (Auster) to Boston. Still enjoy those memories.
    Again welcome.

16. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Welcome

Welcome, Dan, from an E-PL1 user in New Jersey. My family and I lived in Blighty for three years (in the Surrey area); you've got great photo opportunities with the beautiful landscapes and glorious lighting that only the temperamental English weather can bring. Look forward to seeing your photos and enjoy your camera.