Hello from England

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Sootchucker, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Sootchucker

Sootchucker Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2012
    Hi all, and a warm hello from England.

I'd probably class myself now as a photo enthusiast (I used to be a semi pro in another life), and have built a really nice system around Nikon. I still have 3 DSLR bodies (D800, D700 & D7000) and a good selection of lenses, which whilst great, are a pain to travel with.

That being the case I've just dipped my toe into m4/3 with a Panasonic GX1 with the 14-42 PZ and 20mm F1.7 lenses. Good grief, aren't they small and light. Literally only been a couple of days with the GX1, so still learning it, but hope to gain much more knowledge through these forums.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MalSales

MalSales Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 12, 2012
    Nottingham, UK
    Malcolm Sales
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    Like you I have a collection of Nikon bodies (D300 & D700) and an array of lenses.
    Really enjoying my GX1 for travel and hope to move to OM-D EM5 before too long.

3. tubedriver

tubedriver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Shaun
    Hi Sootchucker,

Welcome to our group. I hope you enjoy it here. Aren't they small and light? But take fantastic shots too!! I love Micro 4/3 !

Are you a Chimney Sweep? (Just your name and all!):smile:

4. deprivedofsleep

deprivedofsleep Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2012
    Northants, UK
    Welcome aboard. New user myself, but these little m43 cameras are addictive.

Only bought mine as a cheap backup to the DSLR, now I have to force myself to bring the DSLR out with me!

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum!