1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from England

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Sootchucker, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Sootchucker

Sootchucker Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 9, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hi all, and a warm hello from England.

I'd probably class myself now as a photo enthusiast (I used to be a semi pro in another life), and have built a really nice system around Nikon. I still have 3 DSLR bodies (D800, D700 & D7000) and a good selection of lenses, which whilst great, are a pain to travel with.

That being the case I've just dipped my toe into m4/3 with a Panasonic GX1 with the 14-42 PZ and 20mm F1.7 lenses. Good grief, aren't they small and light. Literally only been a couple of days with the GX1, so still learning it, but hope to gain much more knowledge through these forums.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MalSales

MalSales Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 12, 2012
    Nottingham, UK
    Malcolm Sales
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    Like you I have a collection of Nikon bodies (D300 & D700) and an array of lenses.
    Really enjoying my GX1 for travel and hope to move to OM-D EM5 before too long.

3. tubedriver

tubedriver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Shaun
    Hi Sootchucker,

Welcome to our group. I hope you enjoy it here. Aren't they small and light? But take fantastic shots too!! I love Micro 4/3 !

Are you a Chimney Sweep? (Just your name and all!):smile:

4. deprivedofsleep

deprivedofsleep Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2012
    Northants, UK
    Welcome aboard. New user myself, but these little m43 cameras are addictive.

Only bought mine as a cheap backup to the DSLR, now I have to force myself to bring the DSLR out with me!

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.