Hello from Denmark

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by tuxxdk, May 29, 2014.

1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk Mu-43 Regular

May 29, 2014
    Denmark
    Martin
    Hello fellow m43 users.

Just thought I'd sign up for this forum. Been lurking for a few weeks and now I've finally aquired my OM-D E-M10 - my first m43 camera.

I'm a former Nikon DSLR shooter, but I've switched system to Olympus now. I got sick from hauling the heavy gear and also I was having some problem with the alignment of the PDAF system and the sensor, so when shooting indoors I got backfocus and outdoors perfect focus. If I microadjusted to indoors lightning I'd get frontfocus outdoors. It was really depressing to come home with a days worth of shots and find that 50% was mis-focused. With the CDAF system on the E-M10, those troubles are gone!

As I said, this is my first Olympus and first m43. I have started out with the 14-42 EZ kit. I'm used to primes and have been considering a few options, but have recently looked heavily into the 12-40 2.8 instead. Time will tell what I choose, but until then I think the 14-42 EZ does a great job. I only miss a faster aperture, so something will have to be bought :) 

Before I landed on the OM-D system, I was considering the Sony A6000 but when I got the two in my hands, the E-M10 won big time. I haven't been thinking of the A6000 since, so I guess I've made the right choice.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to good times :) 

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.