1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Denmark

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by tuxxdk, May 29, 2014.

1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk Mu-43 Regular

May 29, 2014
    Denmark
    Martin
    Hello fellow m43 users.

Just thought I'd sign up for this forum. Been lurking for a few weeks and now I've finally aquired my OM-D E-M10 - my first m43 camera.

I'm a former Nikon DSLR shooter, but I've switched system to Olympus now. I got sick from hauling the heavy gear and also I was having some problem with the alignment of the PDAF system and the sensor, so when shooting indoors I got backfocus and outdoors perfect focus. If I microadjusted to indoors lightning I'd get frontfocus outdoors. It was really depressing to come home with a days worth of shots and find that 50% was mis-focused. With the CDAF system on the E-M10, those troubles are gone!

As I said, this is my first Olympus and first m43. I have started out with the 14-42 EZ kit. I'm used to primes and have been considering a few options, but have recently looked heavily into the 12-40 2.8 instead. Time will tell what I choose, but until then I think the 14-42 EZ does a great job. I only miss a faster aperture, so something will have to be bought :)

Before I landed on the OM-D system, I was considering the Sony A6000 but when I got the two in my hands, the E-M10 won big time. I haven't been thinking of the A6000 since, so I guess I've made the right choice.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to good times :)

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1