Hello from Croatia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by riba, Mar 14, 2012.

1. riba

riba New to Mu-43

Mar 11, 2012
    Hello to you all.

I am new to the m43 world.
    For several months I have Panasonic G1 with Minolta adapter and Minolta Rokkor QF 50/3.5 macro and I am very pleasantly surprised by this combination
    With the Panasonic G1 currently have Pentax K7 and I am in great dilemma. Sell all Pentax equipment and move on m43 (OM-D with 12-50, 45/1.8 and 20/1.7) or change K7 for K5.

Sorry for the bad writing, but I hope that is understandable.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. F1L1P

F1L1P Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Hi and welcome!

If you are happy with Panasonic G1 which was the first m43 camera and are able to finance purchase of the OMD which is a big leap from G1 and can afford the two extra primes, why not? :thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcome to the wonderful world of MFT and this beautiful forum
    I think It all depends on ur shooting needs Riba .
    If u shoot fast moving cars , sports then move to K5.
    If u shoot for fun and wanna have a portable system with excellent primes then go for MFT. I think OMD will probably will be the best bet and those primes like Olymous 45 mm 1.8 , 20 mm 1.7 ,PL 25 mm 1.4 are real gems and I am very happy with them .
    G1 is quite old camera and newer sensor is more capable , OMD is gonna be the kind of MFT world.

See these threads

4. Farcanalman

Feb 12, 2012
    Bok i Živio,

Nice to see someone from that beautiful place on this forum, I spent a lot of time there during a bad period and found your people to be very hardy and humorous under pressure.

Živjela Hrvatska!
  5. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Welcome! My daughter went on an educational Mediterranean cruise last year and said Croatia was the most beautiful place she visited.

Bhupinder's advice is good!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. riba

riba New to Mu-43

Mar 11, 2012
    Thanks to everyone for the welcome.
    Bhupinder2002, I have previously seen these threads and photos are excellent, and the lens, I think it is worth every penny. I was so excited by the lens that is already on order.
    Croatia is a really beautiful country. This small country has over 1200 islands and yet no one tourist has complained that he came.

Pozdrav svima.
  7. F1L1P

F1L1P Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Btw. od kud si? Dobro su ti rekli na Zineu. Uzmes svoj G1 na fotosajam i isprobas objektive za m43. Ako nista drugo, skuzit ces koliki je DOF i kakav bokeh daju objektivi. Mene full zanima Olympus 9-18. Sumnjam da ce bit nekog s Panasonic objektivima :frown:

/just talkin about local photo fair in Croatia and a few advices/
  8. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
  9. riba

riba New to Mu-43

Mar 11, 2012
    Thanks Star.
    Filip, to bi bilo idealno kad bi mogel dojti, ali sam vec po ne znam koji put na poslu kad je sajam.
    Narucio ja 45/1.8 za G1 i to za malo manje od 1900 kn kaj mi se ne cini pretjerano, a ako kojim slucajem padne odluka za OM-D onda vec imam jedan solidan objektiv.
  10. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Hola from California.