1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Copenhagen

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Jakob F., Jun 4, 2011.

1. Jakob F.

Jakob F. Mu-43 Regular

May 18, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Hi,
    I've been lurking for a while, but think it's time to make a proper introduction..
    I bought an E-P2 with the 17mm and the EVF in february, and was a bit surprised at the complexity of the camera (coming from a Canon Ixus50 and an iPhone4) -the Olympus website stated a lot of user friendliness, which magically disappeared when I opened the box and started shooting -I was hoping for a compact with exchangeable lenses, so I was a bit surprised to find that the features presented at the website, was actually for the E-PL series, not the E-P's
    Anyway -I found guides on Youtube and started reading everything I could get my hands on about photography, hooked up with a friend who's a pro photographer an had him spill some beans, and slowly things started to make sense :)

I then got a Fotodiox OM->M43 adapter on Amazon, and started shopping for old OM cameras on the danish equivalent of Ebay -I managed to make some nice finds and pay next to nothing for camera bodies with one or to lenses, and a variety of macro extensions and camera bags included.

Now I'm mainly shooting with my 2 Zuiko's: 35mm/2.8 and 50mm/1.4 and really loving the manual shooting. In the 3 months I've been shooting, I've learned more about photography than in the previous 35 years ;)
    I'm hooked, an constantly scanning the internet for used OM lenses, when I'm not busy taking care of 2 kids, girlfriend, job and mountainbiking -oh, and taking pictures, of course!
    That's the best thing about this camera -I can carry it with me at all times, and even with the OM lenses and the adapter, it doesn't feel like too much to carry.

Right now I'm in the process of selling a lot of the accumulated OM stuff, AND the 17mm, to make money for the Pana 20/1.7 -I like to shoot in natural light, and the 17/2.8 just isn't quite enough.
    I'd love the 25/.95 but it's way out of my price range, at least until I win the lottery ;)

Well -that was quite a long introduction! Looking very much forward to a long and fruitful membership!
    All the best,

Jakob F.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
  3. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard
    Welcome, Jakob!

Show us the beauty of Denmark!

-Steve

4. Hi Jakob, I hope you enjoy the forum!

5. Jakob F.

Jakob F. Mu-43 Regular

May 18, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Thanks for the welcome -I'll be sure to post photos from the Copenhagen life now and then, and I'm sure I will enjoy the forums ;v)

Cheers,
    Jakob

6. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

7. Plimsol

Plimsol Mu-43 Regular

Mar 29, 2010
    Belgium, Antwerp
    Welcome from Belgium