Hello from Colorado

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Galengwath, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Galengwath

Galengwath Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2013
    Hello everyone. I recently recieved my first m43 camera, an E-M1, and don't regret leaving DSLR's behind. At present my lens kit only consists of the Olly 45mm, but I plan on adding a number of additional lenses in the coming months. I primarily use my equipment for photographing my wonderful children, but enjoy landscape, wildlife, macro, and food photography as well. I'm also generally an available light photographer but I'm considering some flash equipment, though the prospect of learning how to use it is a bit daunting at present,

Anyway, I look forward to being a part of the community and learning from you all!
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome aboard! I also prefer available light photos, that's why I bought the P25mm f1.4. It's a terrific lens and great in low light. Enjoy!:smile:
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome to the forum, Galengwath!

I've had decent results with the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 in low light, when attached to the EM-5.

The 20mm is not in the same class as Rev's P25mm, but it was a better fit to my checkbook :biggrin:.

I added the 45mm to my kit earlier this year and it's a very nice lens indeed.

Glad to have you with us!