Hello from Cleveland / Tokyo

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by TimA, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Post #2 :)

Suppose this should have come first huh?

Anyway, hello forum. I work in the tech field in Cleveland (or the west side suburbs) but I go to Japan quite often for work. That gives me plenty of time to put my new love, the Panasonic GF-1, to the test. Too often it's shoved into my laptop bag along with the 20mm pancake. And too often I just work all day and nothing interesting happens. But when it does, at least I have it! And so far, this is proving to be one rugged camera.

When I'm home and I actually set out to do photography I will grab my Canon 50D and a few L lenses but the :43: system and the GF1 especially gives me the ability to truly have a high quality camera with me all the time (which I'm sure you all know...because I'm at a m4/3 forum...duh...). But this also gives me the opportunity to keep the "Photo A Day" thing on my blog fresh.

So, feel free to stop on by and take a look at the blog and my site. I can't promise an amazing photo all the time. But some of the stuff from Japan (almost all shot with the GF1) might be of interest to some. But, to be honest, it's mainly just to keep my shooting eye fresh and also, it serves as evidence to my parents living in Japan that their son is alive. ...no...seriously...they get worried when I miss a day...

http://perceptionoflife.com/blog/

:)

So once again, hello forum!

2. hohoho

hohoho Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Tokyo
    ようこそ新井さん!

3. お。日本語だ。^^

よろしくお願いします!!

・・・新しいレンズが出るとヨドバシカメラのポイントがまたどんどん溜まります・・・特にヨドバシ秋葉・・・あの店は危険です!!

:)

4. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  5. hohoho

hohoho Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Tokyo
    And now let us consider shirts

リコーGX200とファインダーのすべて、並びにG1とズームレンズ二本の90パーセントぐらいをヨドバシのポイントでもらいました。先月、知り合いがニコンのフル・フレーム一眼レフもポイントで出来ました。

Er, whoops, sorry. Yes, welcome. I'm particularly impressed by your collection of dutifully white shirts. Me, I only wear a white shirt when somebody has died (or 49 days thereafter), not least because for me anyway they don't stay white very long in this nation of cold-water washing machines. My waishattsu are otherwise pink, green, blue ... and all from Sears ("Lands' End"), because I know my size there and don't have to think.

6. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    O hio ga zai mus!

Im prolly wrong at that but welcome :)

Pete

7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
  8. Brian Mosley