Hello from Chicago!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by ojuice1, May 28, 2013.

1. ojuice1

ojuice1 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2013
    How is it going everybody! I just purchased an OM-D E-M5! I have the 14-42 kit lens and just picked up the 45/1.8. I am starting to think that I could get rid of my t2i and my lenses hahaha.

I'm thinking I need one more wider lens. My go to lens on my t2i was a tamron 12-50/2.8 is there anything similar that won't break the bank? I like the Olympus 12-50, but it seems to not be talked to highly of.

Well I'll post some pictures up when I get some good ones. I hope to continue my hobby and learn from all in this forum!
  2. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    I can't speak much to zooms, but my advice is take advantage of the m43 system and get some nice small primes - you're already got a great portrait lens. I'd add a 14/2.5 or a 17 (either) and enjoy true quality smallness.
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Hi Ojuice1, welcome to the forum!

I don't have much advice on wide zooms, I'm afraid; my wide lenses are the Rokinon 7.5mm fish eye, the Panasonic 14mm, and the Olympus 15mm body cap lens.

Of those the 14mm f/2.5 might be worthy of your consideration. At $200 new it's a bit of a bargain.

4. ojuice1

ojuice1 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2013
    Ahhhh so many lenses. I started looking at the 14/2.5, but then read all the good reviews on the 17/1.8. While reading the reviews for the 17/1.8 there were so many recommendations to get the 25/1.4. So crazy! I guess I will try shooting at those focal lengths with the kit lens and try to figure it out.

Thanks for the replies guy!
  5. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Welcome to our family. Look forward to seeing your work. It's a shame about Helix closing.