Hello from Chicago!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by ojuice1, May 28, 2013.

1. ojuice1

ojuice1 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2013
    How is it going everybody! I just purchased an OM-D E-M5! I have the 14-42 kit lens and just picked up the 45/1.8. I am starting to think that I could get rid of my t2i and my lenses hahaha.

I'm thinking I need one more wider lens. My go to lens on my t2i was a tamron 12-50/2.8 is there anything similar that won't break the bank? I like the Olympus 12-50, but it seems to not be talked to highly of.

Well I'll post some pictures up when I get some good ones. I hope to continue my hobby and learn from all in this forum!

2. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    I can't speak much to zooms, but my advice is take advantage of the m43 system and get some nice small primes - you're already got a great portrait lens. I'd add a 14/2.5 or a 17 (either) and enjoy true quality smallness.

3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Hi Ojuice1, welcome to the forum!

I don't have much advice on wide zooms, I'm afraid; my wide lenses are the Rokinon 7.5mm fish eye, the Panasonic 14mm, and the Olympus 15mm body cap lens.

Of those the 14mm f/2.5 might be worthy of your consideration. At $200 new it's a bit of a bargain.

Regards,

Jim

4. ojuice1

ojuice1 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2013
    Ahhhh so many lenses. I started looking at the 14/2.5, but then read all the good reviews on the 17/1.8. While reading the reviews for the 17/1.8 there were so many recommendations to get the 25/1.4. So crazy! I guess I will try shooting at those focal lengths with the kit lens and try to figure it out.

Thanks for the replies guy!

5. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Welcome to our family. Look forward to seeing your work. It's a shame about Helix closing.

-Chrome

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.