1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Chicago!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by darrenleow, Oct 8, 2011.

1. darrenleow

darrenleow Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Singapore
    Hi everyone,

After dismissing M4/3 for the longest time, and using a Panasonic LX5 as a complement to my Pentax DSLRs, I decided that the LX5 simply wasn't cutting it in terms of image quality, so I finally decided to try out the M4/3 system, starting with the super sleek and classic E-P2 and Panasonic 20mm.

[​IMG]

I'm really really liking the larger sensor on the E-P2 (compared to the LX5) and I feel that it gives so much more depth to my photos. In fact, the E-P2 really makes me feel like taking photographs, even more so than my Pentax K-5, which has been frustrating recently.

I'm not sure if I'm going to invest further in the M4/3 system, since the E-P2 and 20mm feels so perfect for a daily camera. I have a K-M4/3 adapter on the way and when it arrives I'll pair it up with my Pentax glass (FA31, FA77 Limiteds and more) and have even more fun with this super fun camera.

I'm also waiting for the Aki Asahi leatherette sticker to arrive, so I can totally pimp out the E-P2. As you can see, I've already put on the vented lens hood on the lens.

Cheers!

Darren

• Like Like x 2
  2. darrenleow

darrenleow Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Singapore
    Oh, here's a photo from today :smile:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to the forum.

I think you'll find, as many of us have, that your ยต43 kit is addictive.

Easy to carry around, great results, lots of nice native glass and a great community to share it all with.

Cheers from New England, Alan

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome

Good to have you with us. Be careful, though - these cameras are addictive; new lenses, legacy lenses, cases . . . . . . :biggrin:

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    your rig looks nice. And your comment has me re-thinking buying a K-5.

6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group - your setup looks great!

7. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

8. darrenleow

darrenleow Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Singapore
    Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I've more or less pimped my E-P2 out to the point that I'm happy with the way it looks. Now I'm waiting for the Gariz soft shutter release and the P/K -> M4/3 adapter so I can put on some nice adapted glass for a different kind of fun.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Welcome onboard! Nice-looking gear! Look forward to seeing more photos from you!

10. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    what kinda strap do u have?
    i love the grass first pic btw

11. darrenleow

darrenleow Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Singapore
    It was a plain nylon strap in the first pic, from an old film camera I had I think. But it always felt like it was gonna slip off my shoulder, so I got a Domke gripper strap to replace it. It doesn't look well in the photos so I removed it when taking the second photo.