Hello from Chicago (new GF1 owner)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Spaceghost33, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Spaceghost33

Spaceghost33 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Greetings everyone! I'd like to start off by saying this site is VERY helpful. My wonderful wife bought me a GF1 (with pancake lens) for my 40th birthday. I absolutely love the camera. I'm planning on buying the OM adapter so I can use some of my old OM-1 lenses. I previously shot with a Canon G6 (still love the camera). I really wanted to step up to a dSLR, but with a 2 year old and a 4 year old, just not feasible to lug around a bulky camera as I chase after them :) The MFT format is perfect!

I work as a Project Manager for a microphone company here in the Chicagoland area. Like I said, I have 2 little boys and 1 wonderful wife (as evidenced by the GF1 purchase ;-))

I look forward to enjoying this wonderful site.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Thanks so much Spaceghost, now I can offer you the official unofficial welcome to mu443.com!

I find it's really nice when people do stop in for a brief intro because it does give others a bit of insight as to where people are coming from both geographically and photographically. There's a very nice mix from both in here.

Your birthday present sure was a nice one. I'm going to have to read this aloud to my husband as my birthday is coming up, albeit I'm quite beyond 40 years old.

Take your time, check out the Housekeeping forum for handy "stickies" and I'll be looking forward to seeing more of you and some of your photos from that camera.:drinks:

3. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    welcome spaceghost :)

4. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome to the forum! Your wife must be the best and most wonderful wife in the world! That is until: (1) I get married (if it ever happens); and (2) I convince my future wife (whomever she may be) to buy me a M9!!!

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome here at the right place ! Congrats on your new Pan.

6. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  7. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hey - welcome.

Hope you enjoy your GF1.

8. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    wellcome Spaceghost. Congratulations for your new cam...nice wife¡¡¡now seriously, you may begin to talk her about the imperative necesity of the 7-14 for your next birthday :2thumbs:

9. Spaceghost33

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Great community. I DO have the best wife! I'll be spending the better part of this next year trying to think up a good argument for the 7-14 :)

10. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Why wait until the next birthday? July 4 is coming up soon enough! That calls for some gift receiving (and giving)! Tell her that you need the 7-14 so that you can better document the growth of the boys! The 7-14 would allow you take photos of them even when you don't have the GF1 pointed directly at them!

11. Spaceghost33

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Armanius, good points! What better reason than our country's birthday? :) I think her argument will be "why don't you just use the Olympus 135mm / 3.5 you have and an adapter?".