Hello from Cheltenham, UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by NetizenSmith, Oct 28, 2010.

1. NetizenSmith

NetizenSmith Mu-43 Regular

Oct 28, 2010
    UK
    Hi everyone.
    Seems like a friendly place. Using a G2 with the 14-42mm and eagerly awaiting my FD adapter from Hong Kong so I can whip the 50mm and 28mm off my old T90 and see how they fare on a m4/3 body.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Hello and welcome from Edinburgh :smile: Driving a G1 and E-p1 here.

3. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    "Power to the people". G1 and GF1 owner here and mostly using legacy lenses, Voigtlanders mainly in my case. Welcome aboard.

Barrie

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

NetizenSmith, welcome to you and your G2! Please make yourself at home and post a few photos as soon as you can.:biggrin:

5. jonima

jonima Mu-43 Regular

Welcome and good luck with your gear!!

Johan

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome.

7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome !

8. NetizenSmith

Oct 28, 2010
    UK
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

9. Hi, I'm also new here and use FD lenses. I'm not sure what 28mm you have but the nFD 28mm f2.8 is the most commonly used lens on my E-P1. It's biggest issue is CA and also that it is just not quite wide enough for my liking (I'm currently waiting on a 24mm). I rarely use anything much longer in a prime lens but the plain jane nFD 50mm f1.8 works very nicely on :43:. I haven't been very impressed with the old breech-lock 50mm f1.4s with the exception of one of my f1.4 chrome-noses which is quite sharp.

10. NetizenSmith

Oct 28, 2010
    UK
    I have the non-breech 28mm and a breech lock 50mm 1.8. Not convinced of the breech lock's capabilities, some of my film shots I seem to have focused behind the subject (which I'd have thought near impossible on a manual focus camera with a split prism finder) so it may actually be faulty, although I can't get my head around the physics of how that could happen. I have a 70-210 on the way as well.