Hello from Central California

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by whatisinthebag, Dec 23, 2011.

1. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
    Chris
    I hail from Southern California and life brought me to Central California where I work the media side of marketing.

I'm a classically trained photojournalist who jumped head first into the DSLR market in early 2002. I love my DSLR kit (currently 7D, +years of lens hoarding) and nothing will replace it at this point.

Despite that unwavering love... every once in a while I'd glance over at my classic Olympus OM-1. That classic hunk of sex and metal, gifted to me by my father when I turned 13, made me yearn for the days when my camera was small enough and light enough to enjoy taking with me... everywhere.

Fast forward to today, when I took the plunge and took advantage of the bhphoto savings on the kit and ordered the Olympus E-PL3 with the 17mm f2.8 lens.

For several weeks I waffled back and forth between the idea of a true manual Point and Shoot (s95/s100) that would always be on hand. But I find that role seems regularly taken by my smartphone. So the desire morphed into something different.

I wanted a camera that wouldn't frighten children away, and make people stop acting naturally. I wanted a bit more. I'm hoping the E-PL3 will be that bit more that I'm looking for.

Of course, in excited anticipation, I joined Mu-43.com and have been pouring over commentary and images.

I'm interested in cultivating friendships, staying involved laughing and sharing a bit of my photographic passions.

So, Hello all, from Central California.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Welcome aboard.

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Hey a big welcome from SoCal. So you're one of the lucky ones that escaped (at least we have Barkley for another year). Where in Central do you hail?

G

4. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    I grew up in/around Big Sur and the Monterey Peninsula, and am headed back there in about 30 minutes.

Odd thing is, I live smack in the middle of Hollywood now.

5. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
    Chris
    Thanks for the welcome,

I hop between Santa Maria and Bakersfield regularly -- but Bako is home for now.

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Sun * Fun * Play * Stay

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.