1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Central California

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by whatisinthebag, Dec 23, 2011.

1. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
    Chris
    I hail from Southern California and life brought me to Central California where I work the media side of marketing.

I'm a classically trained photojournalist who jumped head first into the DSLR market in early 2002. I love my DSLR kit (currently 7D, +years of lens hoarding) and nothing will replace it at this point.

Despite that unwavering love... every once in a while I'd glance over at my classic Olympus OM-1. That classic hunk of sex and metal, gifted to me by my father when I turned 13, made me yearn for the days when my camera was small enough and light enough to enjoy taking with me... everywhere.

Fast forward to today, when I took the plunge and took advantage of the bhphoto savings on the kit and ordered the Olympus E-PL3 with the 17mm f2.8 lens.

For several weeks I waffled back and forth between the idea of a true manual Point and Shoot (s95/s100) that would always be on hand. But I find that role seems regularly taken by my smartphone. So the desire morphed into something different.

I wanted a camera that wouldn't frighten children away, and make people stop acting naturally. I wanted a bit more. I'm hoping the E-PL3 will be that bit more that I'm looking for.

Of course, in excited anticipation, I joined Mu-43.com and have been pouring over commentary and images.

I'm interested in cultivating friendships, staying involved laughing and sharing a bit of my photographic passions.

So, Hello all, from Central California.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Welcome aboard.

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Hey a big welcome from SoCal. So you're one of the lucky ones that escaped (at least we have Barkley for another year). Where in Central do you hail?

G

4. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    I grew up in/around Big Sur and the Monterey Peninsula, and am headed back there in about 30 minutes.

Odd thing is, I live smack in the middle of Hollywood now.

5. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
    Chris
    Thanks for the welcome,

I hop between Santa Maria and Bakersfield regularly -- but Bako is home for now.

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Sun * Fun * Play * Stay