Hello from Cape Cod!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Kapekodder, Jun 24, 2010.

1. I'm feeling the attraction of the m4/3 format. Simply put, after getting an appropriate sized bag for my E-1 and E-3 bodies with many various lenses and several flashes, I'm not happy lugging 30 lbs around. My wife is the first in the family to make the switch; just acquired an E-PL1 base kit. She is greatly creative, but did not enjoy the e-410, the E-1 or the E-3 due to the size/wgt. She hopes to learn more of the techno stuff with the simpler control panel and modes offered.

First impressions with jpegs from her E-PL1 are simply great. I, personally, shoot only RAW, but I'm seeing an E-Px in my future (to replace both my 410 bodies-one is infrared converted- soon!) Any interests in either, feel free to write me!:redface:

I've enjoyed reading through the topics and viewing your galleries here, thanks to all contributors. I look forward to more and, perhaps being able to contribute my own experiences in both topic and images.:th_salute:
  2. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    Welcome :) I was in Cape Cod (Woods Hole) in 2008. Very very nice place :2thumbs:
  3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day Kapekodder I welcome you from all the way in Australia. Nice to have you here:smile: Love to see some of the images from over your place.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hello Kapekodder, you and your wife live in one of the most photographed areas of our northeastern coast. Just thinking about it makes me wish I were up there now!

Perhaps your wife would like to become a member here, too? We'd love to welcome her as well - and see some of her E-PL1 photographs.:biggrin:

Thanks for your introduction and please keep us posted about your micro four thirds decisions - and welcome!:thumbup:
  5. Thanks for your welcoming me to the group!

As I see, there are interested (both in m4/3 and Cape Cod) members around the world. It is very enjoyable to live here and it is famously picturesque! I do look at photos from other parts of the world and reflect "what a neat place that must be". Whether it's NYC or Norway or Australia; you've all got great sites to enjoy. I'm sure I'd love visits to all.

BBW, I note that you had an EP-2 and changed to the E-PL1. I would be interested in your experience with the EP-2 and why you elected to change. We contemplated buying the EP-2 (with base lens and VF-2) rather than the E-PL1, as the added price difference to get the VF-2 made the total cost relatively close. What made our choice was the ease of use and availability(at local Best Buy at a low cost) of the E-PL1. Also, I saw a value in the RC option for using my FL-50R! Now, we are in search of the VF-2 and awaiting an Adorama back-order of the 40-150/MMF-2!:rolleyes:

Anyways, BBW (or any others), I thank you in advance for any advice.
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Kapecodder, here's my story: https://www.mu-43.com/f42/how-do-you-like-your-e-pl1-1279/index3.html#post17868 see post #33 (but the whole thread is worth reading through if you have the time). I also posted pretty much the same thing up in the Reviews section - reachable by that little blue tab up on the top right of the forum page.

Keep your eyes peeled and sign up for notification from B & H and Amazon, too, if you want to cover all your bases. I'd put money on it, if I were the betting sort, that you will LOVE that EVF.:biggrin:

You're very right about the all the great places across the world. It's just that I'm in the state of wanting to move out of the area we live in so I tend to drool a bit when I think of, for example, Cape Cod. It's been way too many years since I've been up your way.